Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warwick amps?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by frankencow150, Jan 20, 2002.

1. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    Yeah I like warwick basses,but how are there amps?I've never played through one,but I sure do want to.Anybody tried em'?Tell me what they're like and how they sound.Thanks.

2. drewie

drewie

Jan 20, 2002
    Cardiff, Wales, UK
    I played through a Warwick combo last summer. It had a really nice zingy tone - similar to their basses - and all the fundamentals were there. I don't know the particular model I played through but it sounded good to me. If you see one try it you might like it too.

3. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    The Quad IV is a nice sounding head. I played my Thumb though one with a Warwick 411 attached. It had great tonal controls.

Way too expensive for 400 watts though (over $1,300 u.s.d.).

4. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    The Tube IX is cool:

http://www.warwickbass.com/amps/amps10.htm

Not available in the U.S. though...don't ask me why :confused:

5. Mikkel-S

Mikkel-S Supporting Member

Jun 27, 2001
    Herning, Denmark
    I have the Warwick Sweet 15 combo amp..and im very happy with it!:D And it never let me down..yet

6. Matthias

Matthias

May 30, 2000
    Vienna, Austria
    Well, that's because you live on the wrong side of the Atlantic...

They go for around US $1,000 over here.

Matthias

7. I have the warwick Sweet 15 Combo,

[​IMG]

it's a nice one, but it cannot cope with my humbucker (Warwick F.N.A. Jazzman 5-string)
    the 5th string with my humbucker does not work right with the sweet 15... the amp clips all the time when I pull the 5th string, so I have to put my gain BELOW 1 ....

besides that, the Sweet15 has not got a tweeter, so the tones are not always like you want them to be..

the tone from the Sweet15 has lot's of mid (it's a 15" speaker) but the clear sound is hard to find..

but I bought it new for 400$ (in Germany, where they are made) so it's a good combo for 400$ !!

8. I played with one of the heads once, but couldn't get a good sound out of it. After five minutes, I gave up. I figure if you can't dial in a decent sound in the first five minutes, the amp is too complicated for normal use or just doesn't suit my playing style.

I like the idea of the one with the built-in tube power section in the preamp though. Cool idea.