Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

warwick amps

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by 6 string demon, May 30, 2003.

1. 6 string demon

6 string demon

Mar 23, 2003
    ive been at my local store and im looking to buy a new amp. the best amp i found was a warwick. a pro fet iv a 2x10 cab and a 1/15 cab. and it sounded amazing. and i can get it all for a little over £1000. i love how it sounds, but i was wondering if anyone knew of anything i should consider to do with warwick amps. and what people think of them. i playing a 6 string thru neck thumb with barts. and if your strongly against me getting this choice any onther suggestions would be great. thanx alot to anyone who replys. Ben

2. 6 string demon

6 string demon

Mar 23, 2003
    oh and i have done a search and didnt find much on here. ive looked for review but you guys all seem wel educated with amps etc. so your opinions would be great as well. thanks.

3. 6 string demon

6 string demon

Mar 23, 2003
    bump

4. alexclaber

alexclaber Commercial User

Jun 19, 2001
    Brighton, UK
    Director - Barefaced Ltd
    They're good amps for the money in Europe but way overpriced in the US. However you're in the UK, and that sounds like a good deal for that rig.

They're well built, loud, not particularly hifi but very puncy and the EQ's pretty flexible. I've tried their big rig, ProIX 410 and 115 which was very loud. Didn't go that deep but good cut and low mids growl.

I played a gig using the ProIX and 115 and wasn't that impressed, it was much quieter and less punchy than my SWR GP/MackieM1400/two Acme Low-B2II rig (and nowhere near as deep). I'd be more inclined to buy two of their 210 cabs and stack them vertically than get a 210 and 115. YMMV.

Alex

5. 6 string demon

6 string demon

Mar 23, 2003
    cool, thanx alot. i'll try that config out. but i found with the 2x10 and the 1x15 it had an awesome low end and the highs were crisp. so we shall see. thanx alot. any other opinions?

6. alexclaber

alexclaber Commercial User

Jun 19, 2001
    Brighton, UK
    Director - Barefaced Ltd
    Did you try it with either just the 210 or just the 115? If you did, did you try it with the 210 on the floor or only on top of the 115?

Alex

7. 6 string demon

6 string demon

Mar 23, 2003
    i didnt try the 210 alone, just the 115 alone. why?