Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warwick and Bass Central did me right!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by xring, Oct 11, 2005.

1. xring

xring

Sep 16, 2003
    Ohio
    I had a FNA Jazzman5 Corvette drop shipped to me straight from Dana B Goods in CA. This bass is absolutely flawless. The figure is amazing. The grain lines on the neck is so much more figured than on my Corvette Standard5, it's hard to believe they're the same wood. Oh yeah, sounds great too. Warwick products kill. Workmanship top to bottom is as perfect as can be. I feel the need to really improve my chops now. Not worthy... :D :D Randy

Attached Files:

2. Knavery

Knavery

Feb 24, 2004
    Denver, CO
    Ha... I got the same color, and same model from them last year, and I was pretty impressed as well. They just called Dana B Goods and had them send a new one to me. I might have to deal with Basscentral again here on another Warwick.

3. RE:PEAT

RE:PEAT

Jun 24, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Congrats! What's the string spacing?

4. xring

xring

Sep 16, 2003
    Ohio
    B-space-E-space-A-space-D-space-G
    :D

5. xring

xring

Sep 16, 2003
    Ohio
    Actually it's 16.5mm but I will widen it slightly, thanks to the wonderful adjustability of the bridge. I love Warwick..

6. Knavery

Knavery

Feb 24, 2004
    Denver, CO
    hehe...

7. Awesome, really nice. I guess i'll have to call BassCentral when it's time to order a Custom Shop Warwick :)

8. Bassosaurus

Bassosaurus

Aug 27, 2005

Unfortunately there's not a lot of room to play - the neck is very narrow and not so wonderfully adjustable. ;)

Beauty of a bass there!

Thx for the feedback on BassCentral, I'll keep my eye on them for when i get the fever...

9. xring

xring

Sep 16, 2003
    Ohio
    Thanks for the compliments. On my other one, I did widen it as far as I was able, and it did open up the spacing slightly. I find it a viable feature.

10. Sweet I played one at GC and it was very easy to play and to dial great sounds.

11. rayzak

rayzak

Jan 13, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    Stunning!!! Gorgeous bass.
    I've always really liked Warwicks, but have never owned one. :scowl:

12. Boi-yoi-yoi-yoi-yoi-yoiiing!!

Thats beautiful, one of the nicest Waricks I have seen in a while.
    (Im not a Warick-o-phile, but that thing puts the wind in my sails...)
    Congrats

13. Bassosaurus

Bassosaurus

Aug 27, 2005

That's great! And it is so smart that they adjust that way.

I just find, if my g string is too close to the edge I will sometimes inadvertantly push it off the fretboard - could just be my (possibly sloppy) playing style. But, man, 16.5 is really tight!

Have fun thumpin' that thang :bassist:

14. xring

xring

Sep 16, 2003
    Ohio
    Yeah, you've got to watch that G string. I've found that you can move it over slightly, but you get alot more room to move the B over. So I just start with those, then even out the spacings on the others. I haven't touched this one yet.

15. wow, that thing looks awesome!!!

congrats.

16. Daywalker

Daywalker

Apr 13, 2005
    SOCAL
    SWEEEEEET!!!! What is it about Warwicks? I love freakin LOVE EM!

17. Finger Blister

Finger Blister

Jul 8, 2003
    [​IMG]

18. Redhotbassist

Redhotbassist

Oct 19, 2002
    England
    Congrats! that is one nice Warwick, and yes ill have to deal with Bass central when i get my next Warwick!.

:)

19. xring

xring

Sep 16, 2003
    Ohio
    Yeah, check them out...Bass Central asked the best price that I had been given. I didn't mention the price that GC had given me for a "wall worn" bass. Needless to say, BC's OTD price was approximately 130 less. I really think I just got lucky on the wood, but it's nice to know that the last person to touch my bass was in Germany (I think!)
    I will definitely shop there again.

20. KPJ

KPJ

Oct 2, 2001
    Methuen, MA USA
    Very nice Randy! Didn't take you any time to update your signature! The bass you're getting tomorrow is no Warwick, but I know you'll enjoy it anyway! ;)

I love the top on that Jazzman!