Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warwick Bass Cases?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by nationgaddy, May 19, 2005.

1. nationgaddy

nationgaddy

May 19, 2005
    I've been told that the plastic molded cases that Warwick sells are being dis-continued and the Flight Case is the only thing that will be available.

What other kinds of cases are people using for these? I'm looking into getting a Cedar Creek case made for mine. Does anyone have a Cedar Creek? Would anyone get one of these for their Warwick?

Thanks, Gaddy

2. nationgaddy

nationgaddy

May 19, 2005
  3. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    Warwick "flight" cases aren't really flight cases, they just resemble them in appearance. They are quite light, about the same as a regular tolex case. Why wouldn't you want one?

4. nationgaddy

nationgaddy

May 19, 2005
    If its what I'm thinking of, I don't much like the styling. I'm thinking about an end-bound Cedar, but wanted to see if anyone had one.

5. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    The Cedar Creek's look mighty expensive for something that isn't ATA rated. I can get an ATA300 case cheaper than that, and you can throw those things off cliffs.

6. nationgaddy

nationgaddy

May 19, 2005
    True, an ATA case is very strong and inexpensive, but they look it also. What draws me to a Cedar Creek is the style and customization. They will give as much protection as the ABS case. Warwicks are pretty basses, and the case should match.

Anyone else have an opinion?

7. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    As much as I think cases should be good looking, I find function much more necessary. And like a lot of musicians, we're not rich, so I'd much rather put the money into gear, rather than the case that it goes in.

8. Rumple

Rumple

May 12, 2005
    Seattle
    Yeah I have a cheap skb case that's kinda universal and my thumb does not seem to have any problems fitting inside. But I still try to not keep in there long because it's not a fitted case. Usually have it in my gig bag, Its nice and handy, It has two straps so you can wear it like a backpack and carry all kinds of gear with the extra hands.

9. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    I have the "deluxe" model. That thing is a flight case, and it's anything but light...It's got the nice plush interior, not the foam. I ordered one of the other ones (light, with foam interior) to hold my fretless. You have to know your body shape when ordering those, because there's different types for the body style. I play a Spector NS body style, which was licensed to Warwick for the Streamer series, so I'm getting a Type II case. They're decent cases, not as formidable as a true flight case, but decent...

10. nationgaddy

nationgaddy

May 19, 2005
    That's another thing the Cedar Creek has going for it. The ABS cases with the Warwick logo are made by TKL, which is also Cedar Creek, so they know the dimensions for all the body styles.

Thanks for everyone's input, I think I'm pulling the trigger.

11. dairyman3833

dairyman3833

Aug 19, 2010
    Chicago
    Im not allowed to say really.
    Damnit just bought a Warwick used 5string fretless, no case....dude said he lost it...***. Bass looked like it's never been played as well. But I'll be damned if im gonna pay 250$ for4 a shaging case! I bought my skb case for my Lakland for $120 and I thought that was expensive, considering it's made out of shaginng plastic. Case probably cost $10 to make....