Warwick bass poll : wich warwick do you play ?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by whitehouse, May 17, 2002.

wich bass did you own or do you own

Poll closed Jun 21, 2003.
  1. Corvette Standard

44 vote(s)
  2. Corvette ProLine

9 vote(s)
  3. Corvette FNA

4 vote(s)
  4. Corvette FNA Jazzman

15 vote(s)
  5. Thumb Bolt-on

49 vote(s)
  6. Streamer LX

11 vote(s)
  7. Streamer Jazzman

6 vote(s)
  8. Streamer Stage I

13 vote(s)
  9. Thumb

33 vote(s)
  10. Streamer Stage II

15 vote(s)
  11. Dolphin Pro I

7 vote(s)
  12. Infinity LTD 2000

6 vote(s)
  13. Fortress

9 vote(s)
  14. Fortress Masterman

7 vote(s)
  15. Streamer Pro M

5 vote(s)
  16. Alien

0 vote(s)
  1. wich Warwick do you own or DID you own ?

ow..and what pickup do you use with it ?
  2. do not currently own, but will in 2 / 3 weeks : Streamer LX-5 in Honey Violin High-gloss polish.
  3. I play a '91 Streamer Stage I with the, then, standard MEC PJ pickups and two way electronics. I bought it new in '93. And, even though I like the way it sounds now, it would be interresting to hear what it'd sound like with other pickups. I'd like a bit more warmth and less clank. Does anyone else feel the same and/or know how to remedy this?
  4. snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    My Streamer Stage I fretless is my #1 player (out of 6 basses), and quite happy with the MEC P/J pups.
  5. Saibuster

Jan 26, 2002
    Im playing a ss2 with factory configuration of pickups and electronics.

soon im going to check the Infinity set neck frtless as my next bass.
  6. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Just this year Bass Central gave me a sweet deal on a previously owned 1998 Streamer Stage One in burgundy red. It has Duncan Basslines pickups. It also has the flattest fingerboard radius I've ever seen on a bass... almost looks concave! That's merely an observation, not a complaint (I like flatter fingerboards).

Hey Allodox, I forgot to ask: what don't you like about the Stage I? Just curious, no offense will be taken.
  7. bass2020

Aug 27, 2000
    Memphis, TN
    I have an 01 Thumb Bolt-on 5 string with MEC's.
    I LOVE this bass.
    I want a fretless Streamer LX 5.
  8. bass2020

Aug 27, 2000
    Memphis, TN
    There is a Thumb BO 5 fretless with an afzelia body on ebay.
  9. nope.. i'll buy it at my favorite store : Klomp Muziek BV. in 's-Hertogenbosch :)

( it's more expensive in Germany )
  10. Hmm.. dunno.. of all the warwicks i tried the LX had the best sound imo..

i guess i'm just a 'bolt-on' guy ;)
  11. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    I have owned a Dolphin Pro II and a Streamer Standard 5, which I owned for about a week.

The Dolphin was nice and lightweight, but awfully trebly. The Streamer Standard was, well, substandard.
  12. Ok people.. please let me hear some mp3's of a Thumb Bolt-on...

( that's my 2nd choice Warwick in terms of looks )
  13. farboozle

Apr 18, 2000
    Fairfax VA
    Holy smokes, 3 corvette proline votes? Me, Eric, who else plays one?
  14. Streamer LX-5 all the way baby!!!. Have owned SSII-5 and Corvette Std. Love my LX-5, I love Bolt-On's. Had to sell the SSII to buy a ride. I have the standard MECs on mine, they sound good to me, but I plan on having Basslines fitted with the Basslines EQ.

15. Yeah, I, uh...play the air warwick.

It's funkier than an elephant with emotional problems.

That makes no sense...but neither does my being the ONLY bass player on here with terrible gear.

(Just a little bitter...)

16. i have been having trouble with my bass.i belive it is a Corvette Standard i think its a 97 it has the abrass nut.can any one tell me how to read the numbers on the head stock.werid thing is the trusrod cover says proline. but it apears to be a std.

i hate the mec pickups.to me they sound clanky .i want to change them out but i cant do to lack of funds.sucks beeing 16, i dont even want a car and i have to pay for all the bullsh$$.any one willing to give me free pickups. i could make things for u in my shop metal fab as a trade. i can make some thing that just liek the brass just a nut .picgaurds and othere stuff
  17. CS

Dec 11, 1999
    Ben I dont think the "I'm 16 and poor" angle will work re upgrading a Warwick, I was 35 and extremely well off before I got mine.

Do some fabrication work for local people.

I changed my MEC's to Alembic after they failed and quite a lot of overtime. IMHO the Corvette Std sounds very nice as is, if its the passive versh, ,roll it back a bit, if its the active then run it flat.
  18. xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    My first Warwick so far is the Infinity 5. Here's a work in progress featuring it. (MEC=fine w/me)
    infinity demo clip

So far the Fortress and Alien are the only models I haven't tried.