1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Warwick bass service

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BawanaRik, Oct 1, 2013.

1. BawanaRik

BawanaRik

Mar 6, 2012
    New Jersey
    OK, I went to their website. No service centers period. I looked under support and got jerked around via a fill in the blanks waste of time.

I check with the local Guitar Center. Warwick basses? Isn't that Stans basses? or some other liquored up receptionist.

But don't worry their tech can handle anything.

You people have never heard of Warwick Basses and yet you wish me to drop off a 6000 dollar bass in the hope that yuor guru can fix it?

I'm not feeling that.

I'm in North New Jersey. Does anyone know a legit Warwick service center? The last thing I want to do is get and get the bass back with an un-needed new preamp that isn't designed for this bass but he had laying around.

2. To be fair, while the salesman probably hasn't heard of them, their tech most likely has. Don't judge the company by one idiot. That's like saying the entire human race is judgmental and likes expensive things because you created an opinion of a company by the idiot at the counter. ;)

As for finding a service center, most Warwick dealers will be the service centers, too.

3. BawanaRik

BawanaRik

Mar 6, 2012
    New Jersey
    Any place that would hire the two individuals I dealt with< IE Guitar Center of Towaco is in capable of hiring anyone of even the most minimal ability.

I'll bet that going there I will find at least a couple of Warwicks on the wall. Yet they never heard of them. Not just never heard of them but calling me crazy for thinking there is such a brand of bass?

No. BTW the person at the counter is specifically hired to create the desired opinion of the brand for people that go there.

Guitar Center made a choice to have this gal and the other individual be the face of Guitar Center.

I have not been to a Guitar Center in years and years. The people working there are the reasons why.

Other complain about their prices. I just can't stand getting GCed

4. bass12

bass12 Say "Ahhh"... Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2008
    Montreal, Canada
    I'd call the Warwick shop in NYC and see what they recommend.

5. Betrayer_Bass

Betrayer_Bass Profanity Fish.

Sep 24, 2011
    Oslo, Norway
    Endorsing: Spector basses, Winspear Picks, Spector Formula 603 strings
    If you're in NJ, is it not to worth a trip down to the shop in NYC to get 100% pure Warwick service? ;)

6. Daedraziel

Daedraziel

Aug 19, 2013
    Toms River NJ
    Or find a good luthier who has experience with them. I'm not sure what dictates a "Warwick service" other than maybe some oil on the neck that can only be obtained through rare arctic snow monkey urine. I'm in NJ as well and I could recommend a decent luthier or 2 to do anything you would like to it.

Billy Penn of. 300guitars in toms river is one.
    Raritan bay guitar repair in freehold is another.

7. BawanaRik

BawanaRik

Mar 6, 2012
    New Jersey
    It's the preamp. And it is different from most I've seen,

What a luthier will do is replace the quality preamp that came with the bass with a POS and charge me 300 bucks for wrecking the bass more than it is.

I made the mistake of leaving the bass at my exguitards house after a super please come practice that yielded nothing but a dead bass.

I doubt if anyone who isn't familiar with Warwicks has a chance of actually not just making it worse.

8. Daedraziel

Daedraziel

Aug 19, 2013
    Toms River NJ
    Look I understand wanting to have it done right, and I'm sorry for your bad experiences but at the end of the day...you have a shiny piece of wood and some wires that you sweat, pull, pound on. I wouldnt just drop it off somewhere and let them replace the pre either, unless it needed one.

If the preamp is exclusive to WW, are you hoping some master 'wick guru can repair it? Or will they realistically just order a replacement and charge you $300?

9. BawanaRik

BawanaRik

Mar 6, 2012
    New Jersey
    It is exclusive to Warwick. If they want 300 bucks I'll sell the bass as is and never buy another Warwick anything

10. Betrayer_Bass

Betrayer_Bass Profanity Fish.

Sep 24, 2011
    Oslo, Norway
    Endorsing: Spector basses, Winspear Picks, Spector Formula 603 strings
    I don't understand, any good luthier can help you with this, or like I said, take the trip to NYC and bring them the bass.

11. spego

spego

Dec 1, 2008
    Hazleton PA
    +1

I'd think that if it is the MEC preamp (assuming it's MEC) and a luthier can't find a replacement......the NYC shop can order one. FYI MEC replacement parts are expensive in my experience.

But first you need to find out what the issue is.

12. spego

spego

Dec 1, 2008
    Hazleton PA
    212 777 6990

Just called there.....someone answered the phone first ring? Open until 7pm.

13. eyvindwa

eyvindwa Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2007
    Oslo, Norway
  14. Turnaround

Turnaround Commercial User

May 6, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Independent Instrument Technician, and Contractor to Club Bass and Guitar - Toronto
    There are plenty of quality luthiers and techs out there that would take exception to this comment - as do I.

15. BawanaRik

BawanaRik

Mar 6, 2012
    New Jersey
    And plenty of what my buddy Skip used to call reptile dentists that I'm leery of the breed. I've seen the results of their work.

But I am open to suggestions. What do you do to ensure that any luthier be held to the highest standards?

16. BawanaRik

BawanaRik

Mar 6, 2012
    New Jersey
    Tried again and got it. Leaving hopefully in a matter of minutes

17. spego

spego

Dec 1, 2008
    Hazleton PA
    Cool they should definitely be able to help.