1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Warwick Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by badboy1984, Jun 17, 2007.

1. badboy1984

badboy1984

Mar 27, 2007
    United Kingdom
    I recently purchase this bass in the shop:

Warwick Rockbass Streamer Standard 4 VW
    E-Bass
    2 x passive MEC Vintage TA
    Carolena body
    Maple neck
    Rosewood fretboard
    24 frets
    2 x Volume
    1 x Tone
    Chrome hardware
    colour black

Never really just warwick before, just heard is pretty good so i decide to buy this and give it a try. After several hour of playing, i find it warwick bass is very good. I like the tone alot

2. BenderR

BenderR

Jun 1, 2004
    Tucson, AZ
    Congrats badboy. I've played exactly that model (down to the color) and enjoyed it. It's definitely a one of the best bargains in all of bass-dom. I love the Streamer body shape, to my mind it's the best looking shape that Warwick ever came up with.

3. checkeredbob

checkeredbob

Jul 12, 2006
    Sorry to p**s on your parade but Warwick didn't come up with the design. Spector did.

4. BenderR

BenderR

Jun 1, 2004
    Tucson, AZ
    You are indeed right, but I have one question. Wasn't Ned Steinberger involved in some way?

5. checkeredbob

checkeredbob

Jul 12, 2006
    Well he designs and builds for Spector alongside Stuart so I'd guess he was involved

6. BenderR

BenderR

Jun 1, 2004
    Tucson, AZ
    In any event, I really like that shape, wherever it came from. :) I wish that there was a bubinga Streamer in the price range of a Corvette Std because I'd buy on in a hearbeat.

7. badboy1984

badboy1984

Mar 27, 2007
    United Kingdom
    I'm glad to hear ppl say good thing about warwick bass :)

I always thought is me that being picky on tone, bcos i previous use a Aria STB P-bass.

I found that the Aria STB bass can't ditch out good tone, i don't noticed anything about the tone of the bass at start bcos i use that bass when i start learning, but probably as time go by i start realise the tone on the bass is bad.

So i'm glad i bought the warick :)

8. Pete C

Pete C

Feb 23, 2007
    New York
    That's awesome. I just bought the Warwick Rockbass Namm Demo (hoping to God the demo part doesn't actually mean "You got jipped out of 400 dollars"). It is fretless and has five strings and I am really excited because this is my first midrange bass.

9. drmckool

drmckool

Jun 15, 2007
    Toronto, Ontario
    wait untill you can afford a thumb bass then you'll be through the roof in happyness

10. badboy1984

badboy1984

Mar 27, 2007
    United Kingdom
    totally agree,

I've read alot of review on the warwick midrange bass, and they all have very good feedback. So i'm in love with warwick bass now :)

I'm glad i started off with a cheap Aria beginner bass so i now know wt's good and bad. Beginner bass let you get a feel on wt bass is like but anything above that. Is where good bass coming in :)

I now want a warwick p-bass style :) thats my next target

11. Amaru

Amaru

Jun 16, 2007
    New Glarus, WI
    The only reason I don't like the streamer is because it's a total ripoff of the Spector NS design. However, the Buzzard, Thumb and Vampyre are some of the coolest basses out there, and if I had the money I'd buy one of each (thumb fretless).

12. Pete C

Pete C

Feb 23, 2007
    New York
    That won't be for a while my friend. Most highschool Juniors don't have toss-about income. I will look into that though. I heard a huge amount of good things about the thumb in other threads. That said, I'm on a 150 dollar Arbor p-bass (not bad for it's price, good beginner bass) and am looking for something that will give me more options. Warwick Rockbass looks like the deal.

13. ster

ster

Oct 18, 2003
    New Jersey
    BIG +1

14. BenderR

BenderR

Jun 1, 2004
    Tucson, AZ
    Congrats on the Rockbass Pete, it'll take you a long ways. Playing a fretless is a great way to develop your ear.

15. NKUSigEp

NKUSigEp

Jun 6, 2006
    Bright, IN
    Congrats on the bass. The Rockbass is to Warwick what Squire is to Fender though...just a different price scale. Wait till you try the REAL thing! And just go straight for a Thumb bass or a Streamer. You don't get a Warwick so you can get a precision or a jazz bass tone. You buy a Warwick so you can get that Warwick growl!

PS - who cares who built or designed it? That was over 25 years ago! All that matters now is that it's a sweet bass! Fender came up with the jazz bass but you don't see people ripping on Sadowsky's for it now do you?

16. badboy1984

badboy1984

Mar 27, 2007
    United Kingdom
    NKUSigEp

Agree!

17. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 19, 2021