1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Warwick Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by A Pathetic Bassist, Sep 17, 2000.

1. A Pathetic Bassist

A Pathetic Bassist

Sep 9, 2000
    OK, so I was looking for a new bass to buy, and I found a Warwick Fortress Fretless 4-String (new) for $1350. Now that was out of my price range, but I'm thinking I may buy it anyway. I was wondering if anyone thought it was worth the extra money (esp. since it's listed at $1800)? Or if anyone has any input to the situation (can I buy a better bass for that price or what they thing of Warwick or whatever). Thanks, any ideas are appreciated.
    -APB

2. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

For $1350 there is a huge range of basses that you could buy and if you look for a used bass, you would probably get a better "bargain" in this price area.

I think the best advice is to go to as many shops as you can and try as many basses as you can - tell them you want to spend up to $1350 and they should be able to provide a fair range.

I think Brad can probably give you examples of real bargains in this area. ;)