1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

Warwick Black Label vs Super Bright SS

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Aloe, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Aloe

Aloe

Apr 10, 2016
    Ukraine
    Hi,

Is there anybody that used both on one bass (preferably both 45-105) and can compare them?

Yeah, I know about tension, flexibility and feel.

My actual problem is that once I got the Super Brights SS on my other bass, I found them kinda lacking some bass (bass boost on active bass fixes that though). I recall I felt the same thing with Rotos 66, but not with nickel Super Brights. But frankly IDK if that applies to Warwicks as well, had them on only one bass (and nothing except them).

So, if anyone had used both Warwick Black Labels and Super Brights SS, could you chime in and tell me if those strings have same bass response or Super Brights are weaker? And any more differences worth mentioning?

Thanks

2. Aloe

Aloe

Apr 10, 2016
    Ukraine
    okay, let me talk with myself a bit.

tried Marcus Miller's SS on the bass that normally had Black Labels, both are 105-45.

MMs have notably less tension and also significantly quieter. tonally speaking, MMs have more low mids and maybe lows. fresh Black Labels are high-mid monsters (this fades away quickly, but even old Black Labels are more high-mid forward then MMs). fresh Black Labels also have more highs to them, but this quickly goes away, I'd say that several months old Black Labels are comparable to new MMs.

eriky4003 likes this.
  3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 10, 2021