Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warwick Broadneck Option

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Silverstar, Feb 5, 2003.

1. Hi !

Someone in here has a 5 or 6 string Warwick with the broadneck option ?. I'm currently thinking about getting a 6 String Thumb BO with this. It's 20mm string spacing, now I'm a little unsure this is too large for me or not, coz I really like 20mm on my 4.

2. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    20mm on a 4 and 20mm on a 6 are way different things. if you have HUGE hands, go for it. but warwicks broadnecks are HUGE.

3. PJR

PJR

Jun 20, 2001
    N.E. PA
    I can 2nd that !!!

A dealer in my neck o the woods recently received a small batch of new Warwicks....and asked me to stick around as he unpacked them.

The 6 String Streamer was a 'Broad' neck....let me tell you..that Mo Fo was BROAD !!! Didn't have any measuring tools handy....but man...it was monster !!

Beautiful basses though.

:)

PJR

4. herrera

herrera

Feb 15, 2002
    right now im sellign one...(the link is in my signature)
    and i dont want to have a opinion on this thread because people will think that the good things that i said about the bass is because i want to sell the bass

5. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

I love the wide chunky neck on my Streamer Stage 1 5 (comes that way by default, not option). Isn't for everyone, but I love the spacing. The chunky neck profile makes hitting the B string difficult high up the neck... not a major inconvenience for me though. I can't comment on wide-neck sixes.

6. hands5

hands5

Jan 15, 2003
    good 'ol USA/Tampa fla.
    none
    Hey man,! say what you have to say and dont worry about how some people may feel about what you say good or bad about your bass.I mean it is still your bass until it is sold.But,the fact of the matter is that this is a talk forum so if you feel like expressing yourself on why or why not (if that be it the case)you are selling your bass,it just maybe that you like it but would just like to sell it for what ever reason.Nothing wrong with that

7. herrera

herrera

Feb 15, 2002
    you ask for it...

great bass :D

really great i dont have any probple poping on anny string it is great...but i have big hands also the finguer style is great

also you can get a lot of sounds of it

the onlything i will call a problem and that beacuse there is nothing wrong with this bass is the "balance" but it is nothing to worry about because the body i quite bigger than the standart 6 and it balances great

i consider myself a strong person so the heavy...i didnt matter to me

but really the "balance issue" isnt a issue

look in this way ...i will buy the broadneck 5 when this one is sold
    because i really like how it feel this one!
    so that is what i think

the passive mode i dont use it because i like the output of the active

i hope this will be helpful!