1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Warwick buzz

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by nenehubert, Feb 8, 2006.

1. nenehubert

nenehubert

Jan 20, 2006
    Well after 3 years of "trying" to play bass, played guitar 13 years prior to bass, i finally lowered my action as much as possible. I never really had anybody to teach me technique along with proper setup. I lowered the saddle on my 37th anniversary warwick 4 string thumb as much as possible and it seems to be about 1/8th of an inch from the 24th fret. The lowered action is awesome.. i feel like i have tortured myself for 3 years with such high action. Anyway, I tightened the trussrod for the past 4 days ( that's how much of a back bow my bass had). It still has a bit of a curve towards the top and the relief seems to be fine. I'm getting a slight buzz in the lower register. It's only on the first 2 frets. Should i raise the nut.. or loosen the trussrod? Thanks.

2. FunkSlap89

FunkSlap89

Apr 26, 2005
    Albany, NY
    if its just the first couple frets, then i'd say just raise the nut saddles. Yours does have an adjustable nut, right?

3. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    First few frets = loosen truss rod.

And if you;ve been tightening it already, you did not have backbow,you had normal bow.