Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warwick Buzzard

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by zweebee, Oct 18, 2000.

1. zweebee

zweebee

Sep 15, 2000
    Does SOMEONE have pics of a Warwick Buzzard????
    I can't find them...

2. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
  3. I got a book from Warwick with a picture of a Buzzard in it (they're going to relaunch it!! but no longer as an Entwistle sig bass, because he'll still be using his Status Buzzard). It's a sweet pic, even though it's pretty small.

Alas, I'm here at college and the book is at home. :(

Christopher:

The Buzzard was originally made for John by Warwick, but he switched to Status Graphite.

4. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

[​IMG]

5. [​IMG]

only pic of the Warwick version I could find

6. If Warwick is going to start re-producing the buzzard, that would be an interesting alternative to the Status version.

I wonder what it would cost? Suely it would have to be less than the all graphite/carbon fibre Status version...

Any guesses out there?

7. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I'm sure that it would be cheaper than the graphite version that Status produces. The Status version was on sale on Ebay a few months back for over $8,000!!! I talked to John about this a little over a year ago and he said the reason for that is because for each one made, two to three are destroyed in the ovens! It's a very difficult manufacturing process!!! Incidentally, Status does make a cheaper version of this bass with a more conventional body style...

The Warwick version used to sell for $3,900, back when the Dolphin was around $3,600, if that gives you any basis for guessing. What does the Dolphin go for now?

Other questions that I'd have to ask:

1. Would there be any improvements over the last model? John said that he used to have tons of problems with the necks constantly warping!

2. Don't quote me on this, but I believe that John has more tonal control with his current model, particularly in the mid-range department...he supposedly has a full parametric eq for the mids onboard! I don't think the Warwick had quite as much control. Will the new one?