1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Warwick cleaning question

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by ODDBALL, Mar 21, 2006.

1. ODDBALL

ODDBALL Supporting Member

Mar 2, 2005
    Salida, CA
    Instead of waxing the back of the headstock and neck could I use Lemon Oil? Thanks for info :)

2. You may get mixed reviews of this, but i'm off the school that the back of the neck will get plenty of oil from your hands.

3. +1 and i dont touch the back of the headstock although i probably shud....

4. amper

amper

Dec 4, 2002
    US
    You could use anything you like, but you should be aware that most of the stuff sold as "Lemon Oil" isn't really 100% lemon oil, but a mixture of other oils with a small amount of lemon oil added for scent (which may or may not be appropriate for a fine musical instrument...but likely not).

5. WarwickThumb777

WarwickThumb777

Jan 17, 2006
    N.R.V-Virginia
    Registered Sex Offender
    All you need is some Howard Feed-N-Wax wood preserver...Beeswax and orange oil mix ...And a bit of Gerlitz Guitar Honey for the fretboard

6. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    I seldom do anything, If I do it's Dr. Ducks AxWax which is liquid not paste.