Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warwick Corvette $$ 4

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Vast Piles, Dec 28, 2005.

1. I just ordered a Corvette $$ 4 Fretless in Nirvana Black. I hafto wait 5 weeks until it gets here. I've heared a lot of people say that the electronics in Warwicks aren't all too great. Should I replace them with better ones? If so which electronics doo you recommend?

Thanx

2. Yorkiebassist

Yorkiebassist

Dec 20, 2005
    Seymour Duncan do a big MM pickup, and I believe a few other manufacturers do them too. As for pre amps, I love the Aguilar OBP1, simple and effective.

3. You don't even have the bass yet.

Personally, I thought it was an excellent instrument.

Wait until you play it before the thought of shopping out the electronics comes to mind.

4. +1

5. AuG

AuG

May 22, 2005
    Fort Collins, CO
    You just ordered my bass.

I played one at a GC and was very impressed with the tone. *cough !GAS! cough* ahem excuse me. :)
    I would second the idea of waiting to see how you like it before spending money on replacement pups. Hey if you don't like it when you get it you can always pm me. :bassist:

AuG

6. Thanks for the quick replies. It was just a thought. Of course I'm not sure if I want to replace the preamp. I'll probably do a full scale review on it once it arrives. Luckily for me I live in Germany which means I only had to pay around $ 960 for it (new).

7. That's awesome, let us know how it turns out!

8. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    I have one,fretted, and the thought of changing out the electonics has never even crossed my mind.
    Where did you hear they needed to be changed?