1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Warwick Corvette 5 (active)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DWBass, Sep 26, 2008.

1. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Just came back from Guitar Center. I was there to pick up my repaired amp and while I was there I perused the bass section. Saw some Ibbys, Schecters, Lagunas, Peaveys, Fenders & Squiers, Stingrays, and Warwicks. Nothing really caught my eye but I did grab a Corvette 5 string active. It wasn't heavy at all. Had the contoured back. Very playable neck with decent string spacing. Very slappable! Didn't feel like 19mm. Maybe 18mm. Can someone confirm?? I kinda liked it but the only thing I didn't like was the thickness of the back of the neck. I prefer a much flatter profile. Now I know what you folks meant by 'baseball bat' neck. They had a $1100 'sale' tag on it. If it wasn't for the neck profile, I just might have bought it.

2. mokkat

mokkat

Jan 22, 2008
    spacing is tighter ;)

http://www.warwickbass.com/specs.html

I didnt care much for the "baseball" necks of Warwick basses, but after loving my wide- and thick-necked tribute G&L L2000, warwicks feel great to me :)