Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warwick Corvette 5-String Fretless **What Case?**

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Pako, Aug 30, 2003.

1. Pako

Pako Are we having fun yet?

Jul 31, 2002
    USA, Montana
  2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Any hardcase would be alright really.

3. Warwick Corvette fretless 5? :cool:

If it doesn't live up to your expectations, let me know.

4. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    shut up bimpy

i want that bass :(

5. Oh yeah? I want it more so there.:(

6. dave_clark69

dave_clark69 Guest

Jan 17, 2003
    shut it the pair of you. CAnt you see this man has a warwick that could get damaged.

I would recomend the warwick hard case because it is made by the same make as your bass so it is bound to be a better fitting for it.

You could always look on ebay for a hard case, but ebay is a bit sketchy

7. Caca de Kick

Caca de Kick Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    What ever you do, don't buy this piece of crap Warwick GigCase case you have pictured.
    [​IMG]

As an emergency, I bought that same case a year ago, and it is trully a worthless junk pile! All if the zippers are made of cast pot-metal, and have all but one broken off, and the handle is ripping, and a couple of the "landing feet" have fallen off. All that happened about 4-5 months after buying it.

Get yourself a real hardshell case. Personally I love/buy only tweed or tolex cases, but I have in the past bought Warwicks with their SKB style hardshell cases.

8. Pako

Jul 31, 2002
    USA, Montana
    Thanks for the info, that's the kind of info I was looking for. Know of where I can order a hard shell case for it? I see it listed in Warwick's USA pricelist, but none of the listed US dealers actually seem to carry that case. ;) All I want is a hard case for it, or else I might just have to sell it with it's gig bag....

9. Played 100+ shows and my Warwick is transported in the Warwick gig bag, I'm sure it's the same one you have. I have friends that have played even more shows with the same gig bag and no problems. Maybe someday I'll break down and buy a hardshell for it.

10. Bennet Pullen

Bennet Pullen

Aug 31, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    I have played piles of gigs with my Corvette Proline 5 in its gigbag and no worries. Just have a stand so your not leaning it up against chairs or amps or something, that is much more important than a hardcase IMHO.

11. Pako

Jul 31, 2002
    USA, Montana
    The problem, well the situation anyways, is that most of our gigs, we are riding together pulling our utility trailer with all our equipment in it. If something were to shift wrong in the trailer, I could easilly have a speaker cabinet land or damage the neck and/or any other part of the bass, since the gig bag has no support of it's own.

If I drive seperately, I have now problem taking it, but when we use the trailer, that's when I really need a hard shell case for it.

12. Caca de Kick

Caca de Kick Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    Exactly my same situation! That's why I hate gigbags. When I do local gigs, sure my basses travel with me on the back seat of my crewcab truck, but we do alot of trips where the band all rides in my truck and our gear rides in the box-trailer. And yes, stuff does shift around sometimes falling on the guitars and basses.

Bass NW can order you a case (I've asked), but they don't generally keep them in stock. Give 'em a call.

13. Pako

Jul 31, 2002
    USA, Montana
    Right on!!! Thanks man, I'll give them a call.

:bassist: :bassist: :bassist:

14. ryuujin

ryuujin

Jun 1, 2003
    Delaware, OH
    Ya I would go with a Warwick case. But I do want your bass. I used to hate Corvettes but I played a 4 string fretless today and was loving everything but the weight.

15. Pako

Jul 31, 2002
    USA, Montana
    I know what you mean about the weight.., however, it's about the same as my Fender Jazz, and my Conklin GTBD-7. For it's mass you would think it would be lighter.

16. ryuujin

ryuujin

Jun 1, 2003
    Delaware, OH
    ya I would think it would be lighter but oh well.

17. Asaf

Asaf

Jun 9, 2003
    Israel
    go for an SKB case the warwick won't move inside and it fits - like a glove...

18. Pako

Jul 31, 2002
    USA, Montana
    Well, called them today! What a pleasurable experience...thanks for the referal! Should have the case in a week or so.

:bassist: :bassist: :bassist:

19. Redhotbassist

Redhotbassist

Oct 19, 2002
    England
    Im having the same problem, having a car full load of equipment and worried about my warwick getting crushed, what hard case should i get for a thumb? do SKB do custom ones for warwicks or something?

Help!!

20. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    for a thumb you NEED to do the Warwick case. Nothing else will protect it properly, due to the unusual body shape.