Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warwick Corvette 5s on Backorder?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Corbis, Apr 29, 2005.

1. Corbis

Corbis Guest

Feb 19, 2003
    Wamego KS
    My Warwick Rockbass pickups went bad over the weekend. (I don't know how, I sent it in to get looked at) I really like it though and my parents said that since I've been playing so much that they would buy me a German made one!!!!...But it seems that the 2 Warwick dealers in KS are out and all the online stores are backordered intill the middle of May. My folks said that if I'm going to get this new bass they're no point in trying and put new pickups in my old Rockbass. (Which I agree, thats piling more money on which is going to already be a strech) But my band has some gigs lined up for the middle of May as well as hitting the studio. Should I be worried and/or does anyone know a place where they aren't backordered?

Also don't say but used, my parents think I'll get a bum bass :/

2. If you go used from TB, you won't be getting a bum bass. The only difference is that if you choose to resell, YOU don't get hit with the loss from new retail to used retail value.

What do you mean by all the online stores?

That's awesome of your parents, by the way.

3. Corbis

Corbis Guest

Feb 19, 2003
    Wamego KS
    Musiciansfriend, zzounds, American Musical, as well as others I can't remember off the top of my head.

With buying from Talkbass or ebay they keeping saying "You don't know what your getting, it could be broken too!" I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks. Its their money so I shouldn't complain.