Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warwick Corvette active (rockbass) or Ibanez EDB600???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Spaff, Aug 5, 2003.

1. Spaff

Spaff

Apr 21, 2003
    Cambridge UK
    I wanted to buy a mid range bass guitar nohing too fancy, but will last me a while while i beat the **** into the strings with my thumb, and quite happily scrath it every now and again, i want a bass with a punchy, low sound, that will cut through a band without having to overpower it. If seen 2 basses that i really like the look of, the Ibanez EDB600 and a Warwick standard Corvette active. Both are about the same price (the warwicks a bit more) and both have what i'm looking for (i hope) could you help me decide, what sould i go for? cheers

2. Only

Only

Sep 8, 2002
    Warrensburg, MO
    I've never been thrilled with Warwicks, especially the Rockbass line, but try the EDB before you buy it, because it has quite possibly the ugliest tone I've ever heard. Punchy, yes, but harsh and, well...Just UGLY.

3. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I think warwicks are better, but not necesarily the rockbass line, so i dont know, bc i dont like ibanez's that much either.