1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Warwick Corvette Basic $199 - Worth it?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bongolation, May 2, 2010.

1. Bongolation

Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    California
    No Bogus Endorsements
    One day only.

Completely unfamiliar with these...but MSRP was close to $800 and they looked pretty good on paper.

What about them?

2. KingCrimson

KingCrimson

Oct 6, 2008
    Well its a rock bass but it is still very cheap for that.

3. Bongolation

Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    California
    No Bogus Endorsements
    Yeah, I figure I can flip it locally on CL for a bit more than that if I don't like it. Ordered it. Super long deal!

4. bmaker

bmaker

Sep 25, 2005
    HD Country
    Where do you see $199? When I pull it up I get $349. Heck, for $199 I may buy one too! I had a standard Corvette that was pretty nice. Sold it years ago but still miss having a little Warwick action here and there

5. grifff

grifff

Jan 5, 2009
    Towson, Maryland
    I see $349 but I really don't like the quality or sound of these. They aren't really even close to the sound of a German made Warwick.

6. Bongolation

Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    California
    No Bogus Endorsements
    I don't know why everyone's having such trouble with this.

Try it this way.

It didn't work the first time for me, either, but it did eventually. Call them and have them do it manually if the UI is still messed up. I called them and the $199.95 price is right, 2 May only.

7. Tylerrr51

Tylerrr51

Nov 28, 2009
    Milford, CT
    I think I would go for it, your saving a couple hundred that you could use to upgrade the thing.

8. dose

dose

Nov 2, 2008
    Mobile,AL
    hell i might get one just for the heck of it

9. grifff

grifff

Jan 5, 2009
    Towson, Maryland
    That link is different from the one you posted in the OP, but when I played one of these basses I was not very impressed IMO. Do you have a chance to play it before you buy or is there a good return policy from the website?

10. Bongolation

Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    California
    No Bogus Endorsements
    I'd just dump it.

I don't mod instruments, ever.

I've never had the slightest interest in Warwicks as they are just the kind of instruments I normally hate, but I figure that if you get a chance to have a lightweight beater bass with a different sound for around the house and home recording, you should grab it.

The $168 new Spector Performer Deluxe I bought from MF as a stupid deal of the day a couple of years ago turned out to be one of my favorite basses. Who knew?:eek:

11. babebambi

babebambi

Jan 7, 2008
    YTZ
    $200 is a great price for a RockBass

12. guitar<bass

guitar<bass

Oct 25, 2005
    Kansas
    should i save and buy a 2010 in nirvana black with all the new features or pick this up for 1/3rd the cost and put the rest back for a thumb?

13. Bongolation

Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    California
    No Bogus Endorsements
    What new features?

14. guitar<bass

guitar<bass

Oct 25, 2005
    Kansas
    2 piece bridge
    quick access electronic cover
    straplocks
    Official W logo headstock
    Just A Nut III
    Multilaminate neck ( the same neck construction used across the warwick family)
    warwick machine heads

That what my flyer says is new for 2010

is the w on the headstock the only difference?
    g<b

15. Bongolation

Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    California
    No Bogus Endorsements
    The differences I saw according to their respective pages at GC and AMS were that the earlier one was active 2-band and the new one passive. Why you need a quick-access electronics cover for that, I don't know. :confused: I think that's wrong. I think they're the same.

Both have MEC pickups. The one on sale has MEC Gold pickups, which were used on much more expensive Warwicks

The bridge is definitely different -- the old one looks like a BAII style.

The old one has a maple neck, the new one has a maple laminate neck, but I don't know if the old one is one-piece or not. I hate straplocks, so I'm Jake with passing on that added feature.

I'm not sure I see about $400-$500 more value on the new one over the sale item.

16. guitar<bass

guitar<bass

Oct 25, 2005
    Kansas

Yeah I came to my senses. A bass I buy on sale as last years model has much less potential to cost me BIG when I trade it in on a Thumb. Because, that's going to happen.. Undoubtedly..

Oh and by the way if you call in your order be SURE TO MENTION that it is the deal of the day. Trust me.. They don't want to believe that their 350$ bass is 199.95 until you force them to learn to use their own website.
    g<b

17. guitar<bass

guitar<bass

Oct 25, 2005
    Kansas
    scan0001.

those are the upgrades that had me debating.

As i said i just need something to cure idle hands until I can get myself a nice setup again.
    I'm thinking this should do the trick.

g<b

18. PZapdos

PZapdos

Jan 23, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Well I have no CC right now or id buy this. Dammit. I lost my wallet last week and my new card isn't here yet :(

Guess ill get a used one as my beater...

19. guitar<bass

guitar<bass

Oct 25, 2005
    Kansas
    man I know the feeling.. I actually called in some favors through family members to get it done. My aunt was the winner this go-around..
    I usually use my debit but I only deposited 200$ friday.. so.. yeah better safe than sorry.

g<b

20. Bongolation

Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    California
    No Bogus Endorsements
    They didn't sell them out, so the price is still there today.