1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Warwick Corvette $$, can't find anywhere?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by AndrewM, Feb 11, 2013.

1. AndrewM

AndrewM

Feb 10, 2013
    Alright so, I play a Warwick Corvette $$, made in Germany (NOT the RockBass version). I was at my local music store the other day, and I noticed that the only $$'s they had were the Rockbass ones. They used to have quite a few Warwick Corvettes, both the standard and the $$ models. This struck me as odd, so I went to a few different websites, and to my surprise, I couldn't find anywhere that sells the Corvette $$ unless it was the RockBass version. On Warwick's website, it doesn't say that the $$ is discontinued, so are they maybe just hard to come by?

I just discovered TalkBass very recently, so I've been making tons of threads with questions I've had for quite some time now haha :p

2. They show up quite regularly on the classifieds here. I often ALWAYS see them in my local Sam Ash as well. There is one for sale via Guitar Center's used gear section. You can buy it from this section, but you have to access the store's personal website I believe.

3. truecanadian04

truecanadian04

May 4, 2011
    Canada
    Musiciansfriend.com has 4 and 5 strings corvette $$ for sale.

4. i think guitar center either stopped stocking the real Warwicks or scaled way back. i bought my german corvette $$ from GC on clearance a few years ago and it was the last one at any of the nearby locations (which, in the Boston area, is quite a few stores). i haven't seen any new ones since. it's surprising, considering Warwick's growing success in America.

5. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

May 15, 2012
    Warwick & Framus Social Media
    AndrewM - The German Corvette $$ is definitely available! You can always check with our distributor in the US, US Music Corp, to find out detailed information:

Jay Marino
    US Music Corp
    Jay.marino@usmusiccorp.com
    (800)877-6863 Ext. 5288

Please let me know if you've got any questions or need assistance in any way. Thanks!

6. hampulator

hampulator

Feb 10, 2012
    I'm wondering if they arn't selling well for warwick? I'm seeing alot for sale lately on EBay. And not many bidders as well. When i bought mine off EBay last year they were harder to come by. I paid $800 for mine. Now they are barely selling for $700.Anyways I absolutely love mine.

7. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

May 15, 2012
    Warwick & Framus Social Media
    hampulator - Its actually just the opposite. The Corvette $$ is one our most popular models, and is continually in high demand. Thanks!