Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warwick:corvette fna or streamer jazz??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by citizen, Oct 15, 2003.

1. citizen

citizen

Jan 24, 2003
    FRANCE,paris
    HI, i would like to buy one of those two bass in 5 trings.
    They have the same wood,the same pick ups,but i prefer the corvette shape.

What would be your choice between the corvette fna jazzman and the streamer lx jazzman?

do you think a broad neck woulb be better for slapping,without choking my 6 string play?

2. BoogieNight

BoogieNight

Jun 15, 2001
    Brazil
    I have a corvette 5 strings and sometimes I find the playing position a bit strange/unconfortable. The streamers should be better in that aspect, but in my country they are very rare and I´ve never had the chance to try one.

3. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Hmm this is down purely to personal taste. I love the Corvette shape, but the Streamer balances better, I have to admit.

For slapping, the tightness of my Corvette 6 (16,5 mm is the factory set-up) makes it quite hard, so a broadneck is recommended. But the broadneck option is not available on all basses - among regular orders, the Streamer LX and Thumb BO can be ordered in broadneck, and the Streamer St. IIs come naturally in wide spacing. It may be custom-ordered, though, I dont know about that

4. Airsick Pilot

Airsick Pilot Cleopatra

Jul 29, 2002
    Cockpit(throwing up)
    Personally I'd pick the Streamer Jazz over the Corvette FNA. I've played both, I found both uncomfortable but I really like the tones that I managed to get out of the Streamer. My advice? Try both and decide for yourself.