Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

warwick corvette FNA??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by basserman44, Mar 12, 2001.

1. what kind of tone does this bass have? how does it feel etc. anything will help. also, would it be suitable for punk?

2. virtual.ray

virtual.ray

Oct 25, 2000
    I have an FNA 5 string.They have a Music Man style pickup(humbucker) and active 3 band EQ with a pullout volume knob which gives you a slap style EQ curve.It's a really nice bass,you could do a lot worse.

3. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    You might try it first! Ive had my corvette pr-line for awhile now and love it to death! But as you will soon see there is alot of people here that hate them! They have a strange neck and strange awsome tone! I love mine i would have a hard time buying another brand of bass than warwick! Iam hooked!

4. barbu

barbu

Mar 6, 2001
    I had a corvette proline,very good sound ...at home.On the stage it looked like I never had enaugh volume :-( I changed it after 5 years for a styngray 5.For punk I think you should look for a more "old fashioned" sound, fender or rickenbaker.
    barbu

5. eric atkinson

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    That is if you are old fashion! Kinda like you dont want to make a change in the whole music industry! Just kinda keep it the same! YUK!

6. drbottom

drbottom

Mar 7, 2001
    Manchester, CT
    I totally agree with barbu. Go with a fender for the punk stuff.

Warwicks have a great sound, but not for punk! You need something with more bite than growl :)

7. I LOVE ALL THE WARWICKS BUT THE ONLY THING I AM NOT TO CRAZY ABOUT IS THAT THEY KIND OF COPY THE BODY STYLE OF A SPECTOR!!

8. eric atkinson

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Ohh horse poop! Isnt anyone tired of saying that yet? Warwick had all rights to do that! So are you saying that you dont like g@l or lakland or pedulla or any other top line bass because they stold the idea from fender? Give me a break! Bla Bla Bla!

9. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

What Pedulla looks like a Fender copy?

None that I have ever seen!

Certainly my Rapture J2 looks influenced by the Jazz bass, but it does not look like a copy.

[​IMG]

10. eric atkinson

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    My point my warwick corvette doesnt look much like a spector!About as close as your pedulla looks like a fender! So its my point that its stupied to say that anymore! Ohh ya id really like to try that pedualla!~Damn nice friend! I wish i could find a place that sold them so i could try one!

11. embellisher

Eric, you're right, the Corvette and the FNA(and the Fortress and the Dolphin for that matter) look very little like Spector.

However, the Warwicks that most people are familiar with Streamer Standard, Thumb, and Streamer Stage look derivative of the Spector shape, and the Streamer Stage I is exactly like it.

12. eric atkinson

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Thank god they dont sound like the spectors though!

13. I'm beginning to think you're insane :D:p

14. drbottom

drbottom

Mar 7, 2001
    Manchester, CT
    Being the proud new owner of two corvettes, I will say that I DONT CARE whether they look like spectors or not.

They are awesome basses with their own "personality," regardless of the shape of their bodies...just like fenders and stingrays have their own personalities.

15. grooveguru

grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    Eric, Maybe that will be Warwick's new tagline:
    "The Sound of Wood Thank god they dont sound like the spectors". Get out your asbestos suits boys!

16. grooveguru

grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    Hey Eric, I did too! This could be a new thread:
    How many of you met your wife playing bass (Warwick basses, of course)

17. grooveguru

grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    Hey Eric:
    How about a thread called:
    How many of your basses were designed by Ned Steinberger (Jab at the "S" boys)

18. hee hee hee....let the torture begin:D

(Disclaimer: Warwick lovers (or Spector lovers for that matter), please don't be offended and get snarly. as I'm sure Grooveguru and Eric know, anything said in these debates is purely in fun and not meant to be taken too seriously. I don't like Warwicks, but they are well made, high quality basses).

If you own a Streamer, wasn't that designed by Steinberger? I mean Warwick supposedly licensed the body style, didn't they?:p

19. embellisher

Actually, a Streamer Stage I not only looks like a Spector, if it has EMGs it sounds as good as one too!

:p

20. eric atkinson

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Yeah my wife actually traveld around to watch or shows! I finally started to notice her after a few shows! She always got there early to get front row tickets! After one show i neede a cig so i went down a asked her for one! The next day she traveled to the studio with us to spend a week lock down!