1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Warwick Corvette fretless with roundwounds

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by brisonic, Jun 2, 2007.

1. brisonic

brisonic

Jan 1, 2006
    san diego
    I just got the above bass last night. I didn't even realize till today that the effin bass was sold to me with roundwounds on it, so now it has a lot of minor neck scrapes from the strings digging in. Does Warwick actually ship em this way (hard to believe) or are the shipped without strings and its up to the dealer to string em? (Guitar Center in La Mesa Ca if anyone is wondering)

2. I'm pretty sure they come with rounds on 'em. Every one I've seen new at dealers has had rounds on it. It's really not that big of a deal. I've seen boards that have been marked by flats too. That ebony board will last a long, long time even if using rounds. The marks are just gonna happen.

3. I can't comment on Warwick, but I've been playing fretless for over fifteen years and I tried flats once...for about half an hour. I couldn't wait to get rid of em:

No mwah, no growl, no bark or bite, no sustain, no harmonics, just a dull, generic thump. Yuk! :spit:

Rounds and fretless are made for one another. Don't worry - a decent fingerboard will last a very long time with rounds unless you're extremely ham-handed.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 19, 2021