warwick corvette fretless?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by etherbass, May 29, 2004.

1. etherbass

May 24, 2004
    hey guys i was wondering what anyone thought of warwick corvettes? i want a fretless 5...unlined... with active pickups... i need growl and character in a fretless.. let me know...thanks
  2. Josh Curry

Josh Curry

May 29, 2003
    Frisco, TX
    You can probably find one at your local Guitar Center if there's one near you, almost evey one I've ever been to has at least one Corvette 4-string fretless. They are pretty nice.
  3. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    I played a Corvette Pro Fretless 5 and loved it's tone, my fretless playing couldn't do it justice at the time (or now for that matter), but it sounded and felt great to me.
  4. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    You want growl? Even in fretted, it is there - so with fretless, there should be even more of it :cool:

I think a Std will go well with an ebony board - as some said some time ago, it "creates an organic growl, that is very nice"
  5. BenderR

Jun 1, 2004
    Tucson, AZ
    It has passive pickups and is completely stock. The sound is very good and it is highly playable.
  6. I've had the Std 4 FL, but not the time to play it enough to be good at it, so I sold it. That was 1999. Now I have the time, and a 5-string RockBass Corvette Classic FL that I enjoy very much.
  7. danshee

danshee Banned

May 28, 2004
    Chicago, Illinois
    I just played one yesterday at Guitar Center. I liked it actually. I never really thought much of the Corvette, but after playing it I've changed my mind. Sounds good, feels good, tastes good...er.. :scowl:
  8. jammadave

jammadave Rudderless ship Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    Warwick fretlesses are heaven. mm mm good. Only thing I didn't like about the Vette Std was the passive pups hummed when i got it home. So back it went and I stuck with the buzzard =0)
  9. Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    I played a fretless Corvette Standard 5 a week or so ago at GC and was mightily impressed. It had a good combination of the typical Warwick growl and the "mwah" that people like to talk about fretless basses having. Played really well, too. I was afraid that I wouldn't like the neck, but that wasn't the case at all.