1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Warwick Corvette $$ German TRADES ADDED!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Yaphet, Mar 29, 2015.

1. Yaphet

Yaphet

Mar 1, 2015
    Golden, CO
    Price:
    $825
    Strings:
    For sale here is a German made Warwick Corvette "$$". Nice grain on the natural swamp ash body, ovangkol neck with wenge fingerboard.
    34"scale, 24 bell brass frets.

I'm the original owner of this bass, which was made and purchased in 2008. It is in perfect playing condition.

Bass shows a decent amount of play wear on the body by the pickups (photographed hi-resolution in bright sunlight at an angle to really highlight the wear- not nearly as noticeable in person) . There is wear from anchoring the thumb on the bass side, and a series of wear marks on the treble side from slap-style playing. These wear marks are purely cosmetic, and in no way impact the excellent playability of this bass.

Bass will come with the original Warwick gig bag (which is in pretty rough shape, but still functions well for carrying the bass, all zippers work properly),or a hardshell case if you would like it (take both if picking up locally) Also included is the original user kit with Warwick bees wax wood conditioner and tools to adjust the: truss rod, bridge, nut.

$950 $895 $850 $825OBO shipped within lower 48

TRADE OPTIONS:
    After much thought, I would love to trade this for any of the following in preference order:

USA Fender P bass: Strong preference for sunburst tort and flats. I'd likely pass on a black or red one. 4-string only. Will add some cash for the right bass. No P/J setup, please.

USA Fender Jazz: Again, sunburst and tort would be best, but I'm also fond of Olympic white and tort. 4-string only. Will add some cash for the right bass

G&L: Open to considering most models, may pass though as G&L is not at the top of my list

Other stuff: Hit me up! Wouldn't mind a Tone Hammer amp or DI box, other basses I haven't mentioned (4 or 5 string) etc.

Also still looking Strymon Big Sky or Blue Sky or possibly other high-end reverbs

IMG_8094.

IMG_8098. IMG_8094. IMG_8100. IMG_8102.
    IMG_8103. DSC_0210.JPG IMG_8109. IMG_8111.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2015
    Boom762 likes this.
  2. jdb72

jdb72 Gold Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2010
    I would be all over this but I just bought a used Nirvana black German$$.
    Your's would match my Rock bass 5 string so nice.
    G.L.W.T.S.!!!!

Yaphet likes this.
  3. jdb72

jdb72 Gold Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2010
    Bump bump bump for a smokin deal on a killer bass!!!

Yaphet likes this.
  4. quick question, does this bass have an active/passive option. From what I remember the $$ basses had a push/pull on one of the knobs or something to switch from active to passive. Just curious if this bass has that. I've kind of always wanted a corvette since I picked up one that was NT with a Bubinga top. It was an impressive instrument and I kick myself for not buying it that day

5. Yaphet

Yaphet

Mar 1, 2015
    Golden, CO
    Yes, if you pull the volume knob you run the pickups passive. I do a lot of looping these days and I like to favor the neck pickup passive to lay bass lines then engage the active pre to get a tonal distinction to the chords and melody lines. The coil taps for each pickup have a multiplicative effect on the range of tone options, too. I know it sounds cliche, but these basses really can cover just about any tone you're after. Was the neck-through corvette you played a $$ configuration? Those things are so incredible. I usually prefer the bolt-on attack for my fretted basses, but I'm right with you on how nice the NT corvette $$ look/sound/play.

6. roy_pan

roy_pan

Oct 6, 2010
    hey guy,which city do u live? how to pay ur money if i live in Seattle because i am new!

7. Cstan

Cstan

Dec 10, 2013
    Eugene, OR
    I don't know how this thing is still around! I regret parting with mine regularly, too bad you aren't looking for a Stingray 5.

Yaphet likes this.
  8. Kenjuku

Kenjuku

Oct 21, 2011
    NJ, Bergen County
    Bookmarked. But hopefully se one will buy it before I can afford it.

9. JustinTheKnight

JustinTheKnight

Dec 30, 2014
    Texas
    Someone just mentioned this too many, I would totally get it right now if it was a 5 string ):

10. Gizmot

Gizmot

Mar 22, 2009
    Nashville area
    I'm interested - is the body maple?

11. Yaphet

Yaphet

Mar 1, 2015
    Golden, CO
    Hey @Gizmot , body is swamp ash. I gotta get a weight on this bass because it is very light... would be surprised if it was much more than 8lbs.

12. Yaphet

Yaphet

Mar 1, 2015
    Golden, CO
    lil price drop bump- I've seen Corvette standards go for more!

13. Bump for outstanding presentation!

Yaphet likes this.
  14. Nice Corvette, wish I had the cash. GLWTS.

Yaphet likes this.
  15. Boom762

Boom762 I AM the one who Booms! Supporting Member

Oct 19, 2013
    Lubbock, TX
    How is this not sold yet? If I had the cash this thing would have been in my loving arms already. Maybe I'll get lucky and everyone will miss the miracle of a $800 german warwick $$ and I'll get my chance.

Yaphet likes this.
  16. Yaphet

Yaphet

Mar 1, 2015
    Golden, CO
    lol... I'm somewhat baffled as well! I think we have a pretty good deal here, and I know first hand for sure this is an awesome bass... on the bright side, I haven't had to let it go yet!

Boom762 likes this.
  17. Boom762

Boom762 I AM the one who Booms! Supporting Member

Oct 19, 2013
    Lubbock, TX
    I just got a job "I start tomorrow" and the pay is only enough to get by while I'm in school but I am selling a lot of gear and if I get the funds for it, Im going to buy your bass. The only Warwicks I would ever want are the $$'s. I fell in love with Warwick's features like the 3D bridge and Adjust-a-nut nuts. Great ideas. I want to get 1 more 4 string and install a hipshot de-tuner on it. I think I'll be set with 4 strings after that.

I'm watching the thread now so, if it doesn't sell in a month or so and you still want to sell it, I will be adopting it hopefully.

Yaphet likes this.
  18. Yaphet

Yaphet

Mar 1, 2015
    Golden, CO
    lookin' for trades bump!

19. MN_Bass

MN_Bass Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2008
    Minnesota
    I'll take it, pm sent

Boom762 likes this.