SOLD Warwick Corvette Pro Series STD 6 String

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by zwkoch, Dec 14, 2015.

1. zwkoch

zwkoch You can't do that on bass enthusiast

Nov 29, 2012
    Twin Cities, MN
    Price:
    $1200
    Strings:
    I'm playing more R&B than metal these days, so my trusty Warwick is looking for a new home. It is in fantastic shape. There are two tiny nicks at the headstock (see photos). The bass plays and sounds fantastic. This is an active bass with the 9v MEC preamp. Push/pull pot for passive operation.

Here are the specs:

2010 Warwick Corvette Standard 6 String Active Bass Guitar Features:

• Bubinga body
    • Ovangkol 3-piece neck
    • Wenge fretboard
    • MEC pickups and 9v preamp
    • 34" scale
    • 24 frets
    • Angled-back keys for easier tuning
    This 6 string electric bass is beautifully made and has that characteristic low growl for which Warwicks are famous. As with all Warwicks, the Corvette Standard Bass Guitar features premium tonewoods throughout: a bubinga body, and 3-piece ovangkol neck with wenge fingerboard. This is an active bass capable of a full range of modern tones studio quiet and incredibly punchy. Fitted with MEC active soapbar pickups, MEC active 2-way electronics, and chrome hardware. The bass comes with the standard Warwick soft case. According to the Warwick website, this weighs in at 9 lbs. The serial number suggests that it was made in December of 2010. I am the only owner.

Price includes shipping within CONUS. I am not looking for trades at this time. Thank you very much for looking! image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 14, 2015
    bass10bfb likes this.
  2. You should take pictures of the back of the neck! That's the most beautiful grain of ovangkol I have ever seen!

3. zwkoch

Nov 29, 2012
    Twin Cities, MN
    Price drop to $1300

4. Dtarrx

Dtarrx

Jan 6, 2016
    Hi, interested. Do you know if ta Korean or Geman made ?
    Thanks
    D

zwkoch likes this.
  5. zwkoch

Nov 29, 2012
    Twin Cities, MN
    The answer is not particularly clear. The cover on the electronics compartment says made in Germany. I loaded the serial number into the Warwick site, and it did not return any results. I apologize that I do not have better information available.

6. If this bass is a 2010, then it is most likely a Korean-made model as that is the year when these were started to be made in Korea. However, all of the hardware will still be German-made hardware.

I previously owned a 2010 Korean-made 6-string Corvette and they are EVERY BIT as good as the German-made ones. No difference. The only reason I sold it was because I didn't appreciate what I had. Otherwise she would still be with me today.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
    zwkoch likes this.
  7. zwkoch

Nov 29, 2012
    Twin Cities, MN
    Thank you very much.

8. zwkoch

Nov 29, 2012
    Twin Cities, MN
    Leaving the country on business for two weeks on Monday. Only a few days left to get this shipped. Ad won't be bumped or responded to for that time.

9. zwkoch

Nov 29, 2012
    Twin Cities, MN
    Sold

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 17, 2021