Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warwick Corvette Proline 4string...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Knavery, Feb 24, 2004.

1. Knavery

Knavery

Feb 24, 2004
    Denver, CO
    This model is discontinued, but does anyone know about these? There is one left here at Guitar Center for $799.00 down from $1799.00 brand new. I played it and fell in love, but in order to afford it, I have to use my work American Express and save every penny to afford it. Who knows about these? I primarily play Les Claypool type stuff as well as Dream Theater. So i need the nice tones with running the board and the nice response of drumming the strings with my fingers.

Knavery

2. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    warwick doesnt show Vette Pro's being discontinued maybe you mean a Corvette FNA. These have a single MM humbucker.

As for tonally, let your ears decide.

3. Knavery

Knavery

Feb 24, 2004
    Denver, CO
    No... This was a proline 4-string. They stated at Guitar Center that they were discontinuing them. It was the only one left. It could be that Guitar Center isn't carrying them anymore. Needless to say. Are they over-rated?

4. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Are they nuts? :rolleyes:
    I would have loved to get a Proline 6 in ocean blue, but I had a better deal for a Standard 6... and I was short on capital then... :( The Standard 6 is a very good bass, but the Proline is still on my wishlist, i love they way they look - along with many other basses... ;)

5. Knavery

Knavery

Feb 24, 2004
    Denver, CO
    What about a Proline 4? I mean.. That's what I am talking about. they are holding it until tonight. $799.00 for an $1800.00 base is crazy. Of course most places would drop it for $1349.00 or something.

6. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Play it. Like it? Get it!

Good basses, the Warwick Corvettes are, and that is a very good price for a new one.

7. lildrgn

lildrgn

Jul 11, 2000
    Seattle, WA
    A HA! You found us! Welcome to TB from another GGer. Was just about to go to GG to see if you'd updated your thread.

You'll love this place.

Gwon/lildrgn :hyper:

8. Knavery

Knavery

Feb 24, 2004
    Denver, CO
    Hey lil! How's it goin? Haha.. I can't believe I hadn't been here before. I've been playing bass for 11 years, but some of the guys in here know A LOT about the instrument itself.

knavery

9. dave_clark69

dave_clark69 Guest

Jan 17, 2003
    I played a proline before and loved it. i couldnt tell any difference apart from it is less curved than the standard. I think i had heard that they are discontinued. or is just that they arent selling all as well so not as many are made-who knows

10. jammadave

jammadave Rudderless ship Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    I don't *think* Warwick is discontinuing that line but it's possible - email Dale Titus at dana b goods if you want to be sure (his email address is on the bass survival or product spotlight pages of warwick's site IIRC). Then again you were talking to a Guitar Center employee, which is about like asking a Magic 8-Ball from which the little cube inside had been removed.

Anyhoo, if it's actually a ProLine (flamed maple body, gold HW, two jazz-style MEC pickups, most common color seems to be Ocean Blue) then 799 is a steal, buy it right now or I'll call'em up and do it myself =0)

A list price of 1899 means the best you'll typically find is about 1200 bucks at a reeeaaaalllly rockin' store.

Go on, ya know ya wanna...

11. Knavery

Knavery

Feb 24, 2004
    Denver, CO
    That's the one and I did put it on layaway. $691.00 to go. It's ocean blue and a 4 string, but that's ok. It's a sweeeet bass. I couldn't leave the store.

12. lildrgn

lildrgn

Jul 11, 2000
    Seattle, WA
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Pictures please, layaway or not. Take camera to store, take picture, post on intarweb at Talkbass.com.