Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warwick Corvette Proline 5, Fortress Flashback, SWR SM400S

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by jive1, Jul 11, 2005.

1. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    One more try before they go to E-bay.

Warwick Fortress Fashback - Ocean Blue finish, ash body, SD MM/J lipstick pickups, wenge fingerboard, ovankol neck. This is one of the last ones made. It was made in Warwick's shop using leftover Flashback parts. Great shape, comes with non-Warwick gigbag. - $750 + shipping
    [​IMG]

SWR SM400S - 500W stereo amp. Tube preamp, four band parametric eq, aural enhancer, cooling fan, crossover, fx loop, and more. In fine shape and ready to deliver some hi-fi tone. $450 shipped
    [​IMG]

If you want more info feel free to PM me.

Not interested in any trades unless it is for the following:
    Avalon U5
    Lakland Skyline Hollowbody, or Bob Glaub
    EBS MultiComp

Here's a link to my feedback

Feel free to shoot me reasonable offers. Worst thing I'll do is say no. If you have any questions or interest just PM me.
    I'll accept Paypal to a verified address or Postal money order. I ship via FedEx ground to the US only.

Thanks for looking

2. jive1

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Pics of the Flashback
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. jive1

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Pics of the SWR

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. PM send about the Corvette

5. I've got a Fortress Flashback 5 and it's a very nice instrument--it's my main axe now. Your blue looks killer (mine's red), and I see this has the active preamp option (mine's passive).

I'd like the SWR but funds are tight, I was thinking of getting rid of a couple things--I've got a Hartke 5000 (original version) or a Yamaha RBX760A 4-string, any chance of trading PM me....

6. Dr. PhunkyPants

Dr. PhunkyPants Guest

Aug 11, 2002
    USA
    Have you considered toting either to the G2G tomorrow?

7. birminghambass

birminghambass Supporting Member

Sep 18, 2002
    Birmingham, AL
    PM sent

8. yooperjay

yooperjay

Jul 18, 2005
    INTERESTED!!!! Is the Corvette still available?
    Ready to deal.
    Thanks,
    Jay

9. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    Bugger, if that Fortress wasn't Ovangkol neck, i'd be very interested :(

Bump.

10. Greg Johnsen

Greg Johnsen

May 1, 2005
    Hickory NC
    Will a Bartolini MM pup and J pup fit in the place of the lipstick pups on the fortress bass? If so, I might consider that bass, because
    1) It's a beautiful freaking bass (love the shape, the color, everything)
    2)It's a warwick, and I like the wood types.

that's also a reasonable price for the bass.

if you haven't sold it already, I might be able to purchase it if it fits the pups, and if you can hold it for me for a little bit.

beautiful basses.

Greg

11. jive1

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    BTW the proline has been sold.

12. FWIW, I think the passive lipsticks on my Fortress Flashback sound pretty darn good...better than stock MEC's on the other passive models, IMHO....

13. jive1

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    I agree. It's the closest thing to vintage tone for any Warwick.

14. DanGouge

DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Canada!
    That Flashback is a lovely looking instrument, but the tuition monkey won't get off my back... *sigh*

15. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    Damn! I'd love the flashback. Do you take credit? Already bought 2 Bongos this year, if I hadn't I'd want that bigtime.

You say it's made of ash. Is it heavey? I picked up a fortress a few years back and it was heavier than my corvette. It popped an 8" hole in my GAStank.

16. jive1

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Sure, just send over a couple of The Nerve! panty models as collateral (not the kitty kat). Heck, I might even consider a trade. :D

It's definitely not anywhere as heavy as my Corvette. It's actually pretty light at 8 lbs. The neat thing is that under the pickguard, it's pretty hollow so there's less mass. I don't think they intended it, but it sorta acts like a resonating chamber. Kinda like a Reverend in that respect.

The bass plays well and looks even better under stage lights.

17. jive1

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    I took a close look at it, and they won't fit without modification. The cavities are more than big enough, but the mounting screws are set differently than a typical Jazz or MM. It might be just the pickup covers, but it looks like the pickguard will have to be cut in order to fit the mounting thingys on a J pickup. If you take a look at the first and second pictures, you can see why.

But, there's definitely enough room to throw in an active preamp in the control cavity.