Warwick Corvette Proline 6 String

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by karandy29, Aug 6, 2005.

1. What do you think of this bass? what is the characteristic of the bass? a guy offered me one for 900$, i thinkl i'm going to get it, but i want to know more of the bass, could anyone explain the sound? thanks!! :bassist:
  2. I believe it's considered bad form to bump a thread less than 24 hours after the original post. At the very least, try to be patient- the answer is out there. OK, I shutup & reply now- I had a Corvette Standard 6; LOVED it- sounded sweet, played very well, weighed a metric TON(but balanced well). I sold it to fund a custom w/wider spacing, & although I much prefer wide spacing, this bass played very nicely for being 'tight'. $900 is a decent deal, I think(I sold mine for $870)- not insane but not bad.
  3. Sorry man, because i only have less than 24 hours to complete the deal, from what i have seen, this bass have BassLines pickup instead of the EMC, Nice slap tones btw, and the Saler told me it was Costum built, but i don't really know :D , anyway thanks man!
  4. I think mine had Basslines. It DID have a sweet slap sound. As to the 'custom' thing- I think people like to add that word to whatever they're trying to sell. This doesn't mean it's not a great bass, but Corvette 6s are not terribly rare. I think I've seen at least 6 on ebay in the past year or so.
  5. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    It's a nice one, but being all-maple bodied, it can be a bit heavy... (though it's manageable). If you can try it beforehand, then by all means, do it. The price is about right
  6. Yes, how about the growl? does this thing have the "growl" thing?
  7. I hate to use vague terms to describe a bass's tone, but if by 'growl' you mean solid bass & strong mids, then yes. You can dial in as much high end as you want, too.