Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warwick Corvette Rockbass - VS - Yamaha RBX 775

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by needmoney, Jun 7, 2004.

1. Im looking into buying either a Warwick Corvette Rockbass (Active) or a Yamaha RBX 775, I just need some other peoples opinions on which is the better of the two, both are around the same price range in aus..

2. Possu jam

Possu jam

May 16, 2004
    Finland
    This is just my opinion, but go with the Yamaha!
    i have RBX 775 and i think its great for fusion and prog and well, every style...
    but you are the one who decides so :meh: try both of them...

3. I like my Rock Bass Corvette Classic (unlined) fretless 5. Then again, it is not a main bass. I think that the standard 4 of this model is quite nice, and the neck will make anyone who's played a Fender feel at home. I would not like thst fretted 5 of this model, due to the narrow spacing and relative lack of ability to adjust, like on German-made Warwicks. The fretless 5 is what it is, and is played only in certain ways to begin with. It does the job very well, and at about only $125US more than a lined Fender Jazz Standard fretless.

With regard to the decision at the heart of this thread, the Yamaha is likely to win the debate based on price. I would suggest a Corvette Standard, made in Germany, that you can upgrade the electronics on later. German Warwicks have nice large cavities and snap-tite covers, so gettin' in there and doing your own work is easy & fun. I have modded passive Warwicks before, and sold them at a nice profit after playing them for a year or 2.

Have fun.

4. magadeath998

magadeath998 Guest

Oct 28, 2003
    usa
    i say go with the yamaha

5. DirkLanceFan

DirkLanceFan Guest

May 8, 2003
    Dallas, Tx, USA
    go with the WarWick. I dont own one but I've played one and I love the smooth sound. but its my opinion. who cares, go with the bass that fits you right. :bassist:

6. bass_man86

bass_man86

Apr 29, 2002
    Virginia Beach
    Your choice. However, I do own an RBX-775 and it's a great bass period, upgrades are are a mooth point as the bass just rocks stock; I wrote a review of the bass: take a look at it. At the price that I paid for it, it's an unbieliveable bass! That, and it's a good looking instrument. IMO all Warwicks are just plain ugly, but that's me