Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warwick Corvette Standard 5 fretless...Should I buy?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mikkel-S, Oct 10, 2002.

1. Mikkel-S

Mikkel-S Supporting Member

Jun 27, 2001
    Herning, Denmark
    Hey...
    I've just got a pretty good deal on a used Warwick Corvette Stardard 5...bubinga with ebony fretboard..:cool:
    So..I dont have any experience with warwick-basses and especialy the Corvette...Pros/cons..?

thanks in advance..

Mikkel Skov

2. Mikkel-S

Mikkel-S Supporting Member

Jun 27, 2001
    Herning, Denmark
    Ups...forgot the main thing...!

What do you guys think of the Warwick corvette sa a studio/live bass..?

Thank in advance

3. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    warwicks are great studio basses. the engineer on the last cd i did told me "hey man, you know the bass on the cd is FLAT" about every time i saw him. he was in awe.

and they're great fretlesses too. i couldn't be happier with my fretless thumb 6.

4. Try not to pay more than $800 for it, but it's still a great deal. I'm sweet on pmkelly's fretless 'Vette 4, although Matt Schmill is tempting me with a couple of FBBs.

5. AJ Love

AJ Love

Oct 8, 2002
    Madison WI USA
    Warwicks as studio basses? very good, although I'd say the FNA's are better than the standards

a friend of mine is a Warwick endorser (Chris Clemente, from Chicago...amazing bassist) and he uses a Warwick FNA Jazz 5 on his studio gigs

6. hujo

hujo

Apr 18, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I've played one with an ash body.. very good playability, despite the chunky neck. sound was good too. if you get it cheap, go for it!