Warwick Corvette Standard 5-string

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TheInsane, Aug 14, 2002.

1. So I will probably buy this bass (Warwick Corvette Standard 5-string). I am about to try it again today and see if I think it is as great as I thought before. If I like it I will probably buy it tomorrow or on Saturday. So I would like you to post comments (both positive and negative) about this bass so I know what to look/ask for if there are any troubles etc.
  2. No replies needed I already bought a new bass...

A Ibanez EBD-605 (http://www.ibanez.com/guitars/guitar.asp?model=EDB605)

I just went into the store and tried the basses I was interested in (without caring so much for material etc). I came down to this one and the Warwick I mentioned above. But the Warwick was so uncomfortable when playing with a strap (it was good to sit down and play on) and the Ibanez was perfect. I just bought it on feeling and thus far I am very happy with it :)
  3. rickreyn

rickreyn Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2000
    Lutz, Florida
    You should be happier with the Ibanez. It's lighter and has more tones available. You won't have the rich woods to look at but your back will thank you. My problem is that I sat the whole time while evaluating the Warwick before buying it. Good you strapped it up.
  4. Yeah I know it. I was just about to buy the Warwick when I decided to strap it up. Good thing I did. I don´t think I could play live with that thing live. I loved it while seated but it was so damn heavy once you tried to stand and play. That was the main thing which was great with the Ibanez, It was lighter and more balanced.

Yeah, I hope so... :)