Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warwick Corvette Standard 5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Pearl_jammin, Apr 14, 2004.

1. Is this good for a first 5 string, I've been playing a Rockbass Streamer up till now, I love it, but now im looking for a 'real' Warwick :)
    I have heard it's pretty growly, but how does the low B sound? What sort of price range are we talking for one of these? I've found one for £756 (not sure about dollars, sorry) but I really dont have anything to compare this to.
    Thanks for any help.

2. uglycicles

uglycicles Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Southwest Chicago
    Yes, growly. If you're playing the Rockbass now and you like it, I don't think it's too far from what you've got.

I played both 34" and 35" scale and noticed a difference - the 34" seemed pretty floppy in comparison to the 35" - maybe it's me but it seemed a lot tighter.

3. uglycicles

Dec 10, 2003
    Southwest Chicago
    the 34" seemed pretty floppy in comparison to the 35" - maybe it's me but it seemed a lot tighter.

clarification: the B on the 34" sounded floppy. the rest were fine. the B on the 35" was noticeably tighter.

sorry for not being clear. :)

4. But basically what I'm asking is, is this a good starter 5 string? And I think it is a bit of a step up as my Rockbass Streamer was £350 and like I said this looks like around 750

5. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Great step up. I love this bass, i dont own one but i love em.

6. uglycicles

Dec 10, 2003
    Southwest Chicago
    I guess my confusion is that I never thought of a $1400 purchase as a "starter" bass.
    :confused:

7. Thanks, I only just really started to like the look of Corvettes, Streamers seemed more appealing untill I played one for about a month, then played a Corvette in a show and its just an all around more impressive bass in my opinion.

8. What I mean is I want a step up from my Rockbass, in price and tone, regardless of the 5th string!

9. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    A Warwick is a step up from almost anything below or equal to its cost. Those things are amazing.

10. Thanks, I've only been into Warwicks for 2 years and I really have noticed that they are great value basses.

11. uglycicles

Dec 10, 2003
    Southwest Chicago
    What I mean is I want a step up from my Rockbass, in price and tone, regardless of the 5th string!

Sorry, bud. In your first post you asked how the B string sounded. I thought that was what you were interested in, hence my reply.