1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Warwick Corvette Standard Bubinga vs Double $$

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by stoob, Sep 30, 2008.

1. stoob

stoob

Feb 3, 2008
    Horten, Norway
    I just got my Corvette standard bubinga with active pickups and I think, should I have invested more in a Corvette Double $$

I want the typical Warwick woody tone, is there a drastic difference between the two Warwick models?

Cheers

2. Earwigger

Earwigger I'm a Roland man now.

Aug 23, 2005
    Cleveland, Ohio
    As far as sound, yes. The Standard Corvette is a very nice bass, but the $$ can get a lot deeper and more substantive sounds. If it's the growliness you want, then either the corvette or the $$ will deliver the same amount pretty much. You might try using some compression on your amp to get the sound out of the bass?

3. stoob

stoob

Feb 3, 2008
    Horten, Norway
    I think compressions a good answer, maybe I should have invested the double :oops:(

4. BrickIsRed

BrickIsRed

Sep 16, 2008
    People on the Warwick forum say the $$ has a "rounder" sound. I think they're more or less the same.

5. In my experience the Double Buck has a great tone, it is distinctively Warwick, but it has some nice versatility in its pickup/electronics configuration.
    My Infinity SN has a great tone but it isn't as versatile as the $$ in the tone department and it weighs alot more than the $$.