Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warwick Corvette Standards

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Flea24, May 24, 2003.

1. Flea24

Flea24

Apr 7, 2000
    I have played one a little bit and am considering buying one.. i would just like to hear from some owners of them thanx

2. Danny R.

Danny R. Supporting Member

I love mine, great bass.

pictures coming soon

3. Jmann

Jmann

Apr 29, 2003
    Lexington, Ky
    I love mine. I highly recomend one

4. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    I have one, also. I love everything about it - tone, balance, and, looks. The only (small) complaint I have about it is that the edges of the nut are a little sharp. So, if you are not careful sliding down the neck, you can cut yourself (only happened once.) Besides that, it is a great bass.

5. mmm.

6. rickreyn

rickreyn

Jun 16, 2000
    Lutz, Florida
    The main reason I unloaded mine was for the significant weight and neck dive. The sound was woody and clear. Good B. But I would have liked 3-way EQ.

7. BoogieNight

BoogieNight

Jun 15, 2001
    Brazil
    I have a 5 string corvette std passive with ash body and it's great!

Only little complaint is the playing position. It's more difficult to reach lower frets than on my other bass (Fender Jazz 4). But it's very easier to play at higher registers, at least up to fret 22. But now that I'm used to the bass it's ok.

The tone is great and noise is low with passive pickups/electronics. Just need some bass boost and mid cut on my GK amp. I tried a Cv Proline active and couldn't get a clear sound with the Mec preamp engaged.

I'd love to have a fretless one too...

Good luck!

8. BoogieNight

BoogieNight

Jun 15, 2001
    Brazil
    Forgot to add the picture!

9. incognito89x

incognito89x ♪♫♪ ♪ ♪ ♫&#983

Sep 22, 2002
    Royal Oak, Michigan
    Wow... that's one beautiful body wood :) Great looking.

I like my Corvette... but being the obsessive complusive spender that I am, I'm thinking about selling it for a higher end Warwick after I get my new amp righ set up :p

I'm gonna take a trip to Guitar Center soon and hopefully play a few different basses, see what I like.

10. BN i dig your bass. that thing is evil.

11. BoogieNight

BoogieNight

Jun 15, 2001
    Brazil
    Thank you!

12. I own a fantastic Warwick Corvette Standard, a 4-string.
    I play in a metalband and love every possible tone that comes out of it.

Check out my pictures at my website:
    http://www.everlasting.be/bart/warwick/