1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Warwick Corvette Std or Fender Precision CIJ?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Reivax, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Reivax

Reivax

Oct 9, 2013
    Hi guys,

Tough choice. Im gonna buy a new lady soon, and i have to choose between those two (both are second hand):
    a 2003 ash warwick corvette std active (made in Germany) and a '97 CIJ fender pb.
    Theyre the same price: 500 euro ($676) - i might be able to get the pbass for 450 ($608).
    It probably sounds pricey (it does to me), but thats Europe :cool:.
    For example in stores id pay 642 ($868) for a brand new MIM std jb.
    So my question is: which one is, according to you guys, the best deal (or the least worst)?

2. Emprov

Emprov

Mar 19, 2003
    Very different basses with very different tones, it really depends on what you're after. It's kind of like asking whether you should buy an airplane or a boat. And don't look for the better deal, look for the one that you like more.

3. uOpt

uOpt

Jul 21, 2008
    Boston, MA, USA
    Uh, the Warwick is a much better bass than those 500 Euros. It's a common price for it, but it is overall a much higher quality instrument. I would secure one now before people catch up on these things. Especially if it has attractive wood choices.

The only thing that I miss in mine is active electronics.

4. JP Morin

JP Morin

Mar 15, 2011
    Quebec
    +1 on the corvette, especially with active pus... nice jazz bass vibe...

but if you are looking for a pbass vibe then the fender is nice...

Have you tried both ??? that will tell you a lot !!

5. Marcury

Marcury High and Low

Aug 19, 2007
    Mid Hudson Valley, NY
    +1