Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warwick corvette/thumb vs. U.S. Masters

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by chi42069, Aug 12, 2004.

1. chi42069

chi42069 Guest

Apr 23, 2000
    kentucky
    I'm looking for a bass around the 600 to 800 dollar range. I been looking at these 2 the most. I've seen a warwick and love the way they feel and look. I've never seen a U.S. Masters but they have great features.

One thing that is leaning me towards the U.S. masters is the price. 649 new, for a 4 string or 699 new for a 5 string. While a warwick would cost at least $800 new from bass central. That would be the 4 string corvette passive electronics. Otherwise i could get a used one, but i usually prefer new.

any help is appreciated.

peace

chi
    :bassist:

2. bdgotoh

bdgotoh Supporting Member

Aug 6, 2002
    Pacific NW
    I've never been a big Warwick fan so I'm biased, but I really like US Masters. I have an EP42 that I love and I've been thinking about getting one of their basses with P pickups in it. Really great build quality, engineering and tone.

3. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    exactly as bdgotah implied, im the exact opposite. Ive played a few us masters and wasnt ever a big fan. I have a warwick thumb and absolutely love it. You have to play the heck out of both to know though. I wouldnt buy a us master until youve tried it. I dont think theyre simliar basses at all. Youve narrowed it down to 2, the hard parts over. ;)

4. chi42069

chi42069 Guest

Apr 23, 2000
    kentucky
    thanks for the replies. I didn't think anyone would ever respond. yah it is a hard decision. I more than likely will go with a used warwick on ebay. a corvette 4 or 5. i just love the exotic woods.

peace,

chi

5. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    I dont think you'll be disappointed. They've got very good build quality and some nice features, but their forte is the tone - and thats what counts ;) much more growl than your Rockbass, though it wont get as clear.
    I have a Corvette 6 and I really like mine

6. chi42069

chi42069 Guest

Apr 23, 2000
    kentucky
    yah, i've heard warwicks aren't good for certain situation. Is that what you mean by, "it won't be as clear"?

peace

chi :bassist:

7. Try a Epiphone Jack Casady Bass.