1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Warwick corvette vs BTB675 - new bass suggestion

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by iFly, Aug 17, 2012.

1. iFly

iFly

Aug 17, 2012
    Hello,

I am a beginner and have been practicing using a bass guitar borrowed from friends and even using them for performances and now finally tired want to buy one...

Was using a simple fender p bass and think its great... Now in India at least for similar price range there are few more I could get. Perhaps a 5 strings which gives a bit more versatility (I think)

I'd like the lower B string but again I'd really like for suggestions.

I have these two in mind

http://www.bajaao.com/shop/5-guitars/5629-ibanez-btb675ntf-5string-neck-thru-bass-guitar.html

http://bajaao.com/shop/5-guitars/41...-red-oil-finish.html?keyword=Warwick+rockbass

What I, and my band, would be wanting to do its some Bollywood numbers and cover RHCP, Puddle of Mudd, soft rock, rock songs...

No heavy metal stuff.

I know I could have searched the forum but that has just confused me more. Some people just swore by the Warwick and some by ibanez...

What I have understood is one needs to find one according to their needs... What I need is, again, to cover Bollywood numbers, RHCP, Nickelback types songs....

Please suggest what you deem fit.

Thank you for having read this rather long post. Thank you for your time...

2. Clydesauce

Clydesauce

May 12, 2012
    Best thing to do it go to a local music store and try them out. I say go warwick though.

3. PBnJBassist

PBnJBassist

Mar 8, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    ^ What he said, except I'd recommend the BTB... probably one of two Ibanez lines I actually like... let alone recommend/suggest/play/touch/look at without throwing up. Their Grooveline is the other, but bleh. Suffering from insomnia so don't mind the crankiness...

4. iFly

iFly

Aug 17, 2012
    Warwick 1 - BTB 1

Any difference in the pick ups? I couldn't figure is BTB's is a passive or active. The Warwick corvette is a active.

Is the active pick up recommended for the type of songs I mention?

5. iFly

iFly

Aug 17, 2012
    The Warwick won. All the features. Aah man... All guitars Should have the Warwick safety locks for the strap. Simple and genius.

6. Warwick FTW.
    Rockbasses have been improved in the rencent years, you can't go wrong.