1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Warwick Corvette

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BoiNtC, Aug 27, 2004.

1. BoiNtC

BoiNtC

Nov 25, 2002
    NYC, USA
    Anyone know how much a used one of these (passive) go for? Warwick Corvette Standard 4 string passive.
    *edit* It comes with all tools everything is in GREAT condition.

2. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    I assume you have one offer and dont know whether its worth it, right?
    Honestly, I have no idea. Lets say 50% (or even less) of retail, so, IIRC, half of the $1200, that is $600 or less if its in good condition.
    But since I dont know the street prices over there and the availability and the demand, this is just a guess.

3. Humblerumble

Humblerumble

Feb 22, 2004
    VA.
    On Ebay you can usually get one from 600-700

4. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    That seems to be the usual price. Sometimes you can get them lower that that, but not below $500-550.

If it is an older one with an all wenge neck and the brass just-a-nut, it could be valued more toward the upper price range. If it is, advertise as so. Us Warwick junkies look for that kind of thing.

5. Yep. I once had a '96 Corvy STD with EMG active pickups, the brass nut and a wenge neck. Beautiful beast; sold at profit after a year of use. Warwicks will hold their resale value quite well if you remember to use the beeswax regularly.

6. BoiNtC

BoiNtC

Nov 25, 2002
    NYC, USA
    I don't have an offer on one, just a bassist friend of mine bought one off ebay unknowingly that it was the passive version (he wanted the active), and I didn't know if he could make back what he spent on it :p Anyone wanna buy one? :p