Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warwick Corvette

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BoiNtC, Aug 27, 2004.

1. BoiNtC

BoiNtC

Nov 25, 2002
    NYC, USA
    Anyone know how much a used one of these (passive) go for? Warwick Corvette Standard 4 string passive.
    *edit* It comes with all tools everything is in GREAT condition.

2. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    I assume you have one offer and dont know whether its worth it, right?
    Honestly, I have no idea. Lets say 50% (or even less) of retail, so, IIRC, half of the $1200, that is $600 or less if its in good condition.
    But since I dont know the street prices over there and the availability and the demand, this is just a guess.

3. Humblerumble

Humblerumble

Feb 22, 2004
    VA.
    On Ebay you can usually get one from 600-700

4. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    That seems to be the usual price. Sometimes you can get them lower that that, but not below $500-550.

If it is an older one with an all wenge neck and the brass just-a-nut, it could be valued more toward the upper price range. If it is, advertise as so. Us Warwick junkies look for that kind of thing.

5. Yep. I once had a '96 Corvy STD with EMG active pickups, the brass nut and a wenge neck. Beautiful beast; sold at profit after a year of use. Warwicks will hold their resale value quite well if you remember to use the beeswax regularly.

6. BoiNtC

BoiNtC

Nov 25, 2002
    NYC, USA
    I don't have an offer on one, just a bassist friend of mine bought one off ebay unknowingly that it was the passive version (he wanted the active), and I didn't know if he could make back what he spent on it :p Anyone wanna buy one? :p