Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warwick Corvette

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by kirbywrx, Mar 13, 2002.

1. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    I have been playing for 2 years and I am saving up for a new bass. I am REALLY interested in the Warwick Corvette. There is a place around here that sells them and they go for a price of 2 grand (Australian) It would take me a while (probably the rest of the year) to save up for it, but mum and dad said they are will to pay half. :D So do any of you guys think this bass would suit me? I play mostly Metal and punk, but when i play punk i use my fingers, with the OCCASIONAL plectrum. I got an email of a guy from a local music shop, and he said this about the Corvette.

THE CORVETTE SERIES
    With its shape, ergonomics and sound the Corvette Standard satisfies the aspirations of the most demanding of bass players. Available in a choice of ash or Bubinga bodies, they use the sensational Warwick Multi laminted Ovangkol neck with Wenge fingerboard.

The switchable, active MEC 2-way electronics combine with the MEC pickup combination and three controls to provide flexible tone control, whether in the studio or on stage. The highly sensitive dynamic response of the Corvette lets you articulate the most gentle of nuances or slap it for crisp, fat basslines. dditionally, a 4 string passive configuration is available with single coil J/J pickups.

Ash body Series

Like maple, Ash is a tried and tested tonewood for bass guitars. It grows in many parts of the world and is the lightest tonewood Warwick use. Acoustically it has a wonderful mid frequency response and very warm low end.

4 String Passive - $1999.00
    5 String Passive - $2199.00
    4 String Active - $2299.00
    5 String Active - $2499.00

Bubinga Body Series

Bubinga is found in equatorial Africa and grows in regions from Nigeria, Cameroon, Gabon and the Congo region. It is a hardwood that is very lustrous and can be highly figured. Acoustically Bubinga is very resonant and offers very clear low's and well defined upper mids and highs. It is a classic Warwick trademark Sound.

4 String Passive - $2199.00
    5 String Passive - $2499.00
    4 String Active - $2499.00
    5 String Active - $2799.00
    6 String Active - $????

The Corvette series are superb and are great for everything from fingestyle, to slap to pick use. So many people choose Warwick for the great versatility they offer. They are used by bands playing Punk, Rock Pop, jazz, metal and all in between as I am sure you have noticed.

If the Warwick Corvette series is out of your price range you may also want to consider the new WARWICK CORVETTE ROCKBASS. Visit this website for more information
    They ROCKBASS CORVETTE will begin in price from $899.00.
    -Phil