Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

warwick curiosity

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ****yBassist, Dec 25, 2001.

1. ****yBassist

****yBassist

Nov 12, 2001
    Does anyone own or has anyone ever [played an infinity? If so lets hear some opinions on playability, comfort, sound etc.

2. Played one in NYC, at Rudy's. I can't make a true judgement, because I only had it in my hands for a couple minutes. Like most Warwicks fairly heavy, a little lighter because of the semi-hollow design. Bottom line here is you still get that aggressive growl, but very pure tone.

3. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    I've got an Infinity 5, just happened to have taken it out on my gig Sunday nite...it's been my main studio 5 string fretted for a while now.

My observations:
    Round neck; quite fat.
    Long reach to first position- not as bad as a Thumb, but longer than many other basses.

Everything else is 'buttah...';
    The string spacing may be a little closer than some prefer- I widened mine out, as the bridge is pretty adjustable.
    The tone is unbelievable, cuts thru anything. I've had it up against Mesa's, Marshalls, even a Crate that was the loudest, most horrible thing I'd ever heard. The Infinity came thru fine! Very versatile, comfortable and a joy to play...
    I like to feel the top resonate when the volume's up high...
    Overall, it's a wonderful instrument. A little pricey, but worth it to me.
    Any specific questions?

There's a clip and a pic of it on my site, hope to have some more up soon...

http://members.home.net/xush2/