Warwick customer service

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Joe Nerve, Jan 6, 2005.

1. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    I must give props here to warwick customer service. They have been the coolest company I've ever dealt with. I just called Dale with a request that I'm quite sure I would have had to jump through hoops with if it were any other company, and with no problem whatsoever I am being sent, free of charge, exactly what I needed (wanted, actually). Yee hah! Those guys rock!
  2. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound

Warwick has great customer service, both Dana B and the guys in Germany have been quite helpful, as well as responsive in a timely manner.

Only issue I have with them is that replacement parts can be pretty expensive.
  3. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    Dale as in Dale Titus? Dude, that guys rocks, helped me a few years ago trying to ID my Warwick....turned out to be a Warwick/Magnus Krempel.

Someone from Warwick was also a lot of help...

Warwick and the Distributor are very good.

4. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    They sent the height adjustment screws for my Warwick Just-a-Nut for free. They rock in my opinion as well.

And I am not even the original owner.
  5. Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    THey're great. I love Dana B. They sent me the brass Just A Nut for 30$ and gave me a few other freebies like gold saddle holders and tailpeice screws. Very easy to deal with, and the guys are so down to earth.
  6. odie

odie Supporting Member

Another good one is MTD. I had neck problems(always needed a setup bi-weekly) with a lower end MTD. I emailed and Mr. Tobias replied personally. He sent me a new neck which I swapped. On accident he sent another and they said too keep it!! :hyper:
  7. fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Another thumbs up to Warwick Customer Service!
  8. here's my story...I have an old Fortress that I took in to get a setup. The guy told me the truss rod wasn't doing anything, he turned and nothing would happen. I called Warwick and they asked me to ship it to them. Reluctantly, I did. Turns out it was a broken truss rod (!) and they put a new neck on for free and shipped it back! It even sounds better now, the replacement neck had slightly different woods which made the attack a little sharper.

Thanks guys!
  9. Joe Nerve

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    I didn't want to say what I called for cuz I thought others might start bugging them for the same, but since it's already kinda been said - I want to change my corvette to a BEAD setup and I asked if I could get a brass nut piece for a B string. That last sentence would sound great to a non bassist. :) I was expecting a whole bunch of crap about if it isn't a 5 string we can't give you that part, or you can't string our basses that way (with a long speech), or at the very least - a $10 charge for the piece plus shipping. Nothing but an enthusiastic, "I"m sure we can help you out with that! What's your address." The whole call took 6 minutes on my cellphone. My corvette will now be back in action.

Also, yes it was Dale Titus. I believe it was recommended on this board that I call him a few years back about another issue that quickly resolved. Ahh yes - my slipping straplock. He took care of that instantly also - no charge.
  10. flea claypool

flea claypool

Jun 27, 2004
    :D i bought this about 2 months ago! it came as passive but they then took it back and made it active and charged me less then the passive model!!! so i like saved 200+ euros warwick rock!!!
  11. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002

I thought you were going to say you requested to have your Corvette pickups replaced with Bongo ones ;)
  12. Joe Nerve

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
  13. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Dale RULES.

The guys & girls at Dana B. Goods are all great!

I have the good fortune to speak with Dale T. almost daily, sometimes multiple times a day. He will always go the extra mile and then some to help a customer get what they want or need. He's also a genuinely great guy, always with a funny joke, good story, or sympathetic shoulder.

Anyone ever calls him, tell him the wax king sent ya!

(He'll crack up pretty good, then ask how Gard is...don't ask, it's in inside joke, and it's NOT dirty, no matter how it might sound!!! :p )
  14. jammadave

jammadave Rudderless ship Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    Hear Hear. It's the main reason why I wanted so badly to remain a Warwick "guy" - no endorsement or anything of course, but the ones I had were phenomenal and I *thought* I'd never need another brand.

Makes me feel sooper-guilty that I only still own 1 of my 9 or 10 warwicks purchased last year, because Dale is just the best. Damn GAS...

And if ever Gard calls Dale with an interesting request (can we get a tripleneck 47-string ambidextrous Corvette/Dolphin combo with 4 frets in random places built? How much?) Then DALE asks GARD "So how's Dave doin anyways?"

*slinking down in chair*
  15. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars

...dude, for your last escapade, I just described the order, without saying ANYTHING ELSE, and every single person at BC replied with:

But, man, this is gonna be special, in a very good way. Seriously, there are gonna be a lotta jaws on the floor when it's done. But I'm not spillin' no beans for ya...

16. dave_clark69

dave_clark69 Guest

Jan 17, 2003
    I am very pleased with the service. I got my bass this time last year, the thread on the just-a-nut II broke. So they sent me a new one. Arived in a few days.
  17. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Never been a Warwick owner, and don't really plan on it. I just *really* don't like the feel of unfinished wenge OR ovangkol.

However, I have e-mailed Dale a few times with questions about Warwicks and Rockbasses, and every time, he responded quickly, fully, and VERY nicely. GREAT guy, and if you dig the basses, don't hesitate to pull the trigger on that purchase.