Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warwick dilema!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Eric Sherlock, Jul 18, 2005.

1. Eric Sherlock

Eric Sherlock

Mar 8, 2005
    Ontario
    i was watching a PBS special (i kno...i kno) and there was a bass player on it with a Warwick Stage Streamer and it was the best tone i have ever heard. Ever since i have wanted one,. I just wanted to know to those experienced Warwick experts if its worth the cash, because I have gotten to the point where i do not want to buy another bass after I buy my next, i want to be content so i can save my money for university, is this the bass i want?

2. I feel the same way about the Warwick SSII. That would be my holy grail I guess, next to a custom made Alembic Series II.

3. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    SSII's are my dream bass.

I say look used, they usually go for around the $1500us mark. New, they're a bit pricey. But there's alot that goes into the hand made Warwick basses.

And the tone is to die for ;)

4. Daywalker

Daywalker

Apr 13, 2005
    SOCAL
    Was my dream bass also. I searched for a used one for a long time with no luck. But I was saving the whole time, and realized one day I had enough for a new one. So, I went for it, and I couldn't be happier...
    [​IMG]