1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Warwick dilema!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Eric Sherlock, Jul 18, 2005.

1. Eric Sherlock

Eric Sherlock

Mar 8, 2005
    Ontario
    i was watching a PBS special (i kno...i kno) and there was a bass player on it with a Warwick Stage Streamer and it was the best tone i have ever heard. Ever since i have wanted one,. I just wanted to know to those experienced Warwick experts if its worth the cash, because I have gotten to the point where i do not want to buy another bass after I buy my next, i want to be content so i can save my money for university, is this the bass i want?

2. I feel the same way about the Warwick SSII. That would be my holy grail I guess, next to a custom made Alembic Series II.

3. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    No

4. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    SSII's are my dream bass.

I say look used, they usually go for around the $1500us mark. New, they're a bit pricey. But there's alot that goes into the hand made Warwick basses.

And the tone is to die for ;)

5. Daywalker

Daywalker

Apr 13, 2005
    SOCAL
    Was my dream bass also. I searched for a used one for a long time with no luck. But I was saving the whole time, and realized one day I had enough for a new one. So, I went for it, and I couldn't be happier...
    [​IMG]