Warwick discontinues Fortress Series?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Folksie, Jan 18, 2001.

1. Folksie

Mar 14, 2000
    Hey everybody, more specifically Warwick fans...does anybody have any info on what Warwick is doing with their line of basses this next year? I've recently been to their website, and it seems like they're starting the process of eliminating the Fortress One, Fortress Masterman, and Streamer Pro-M from their lines of production. Also, these three basses aren't listed on the 2001 Price guide. These two things lead me to suggest that Warwick will stop making these models, but does anybody have any further evidence to support this case? Does this mean in about 40 years my Fortress Masterman will be a collcetor's item? :)

2. basslax

Apr 20, 2000
    Washington, DC
    hmmm collector's item... i better get one soon (after my corvette of course) :) :)
  3. you're right about the Fortress and Streamer Pro M models not being on the price list but they are still on the spec sheet. And If I'm not mistaken( which I often am) I don't think that either of those models were ever on the price list. Even so, I sincerely doubt that Warwick is discontinuing these models so I don't think anyone needs to be in a rush to buy a future collector's item. But what the heck. They're such great basses, buy one anyway.
    Delightful, don't you think.
  4. Folksie

Mar 14, 2000
    I was joking when I said they'd be collector's items, there's so many of the floating around, even if they did discontinue it, it would take quite a while before they gain any value. Maybe they're just revamping those models, so they're getting the old inventory out of there. They do say "Availability Limited to Stock on Hand" and there's only a couple of reasons I can think of why a company would say that. The Corvette Proline is now available again in the US, so maybe they're getting ready to release a new line or two in place of the trusty Fortress. Who knows?