Warwick Dolphin bolt-on

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Limo, Nov 12, 2002.

1. Limo

Sep 22, 2002
    Reykjavik Iceland
    Can someone help me with this?? I saw a Dolphin 4 string bolt-on bass, it had black finish on the body and it seemed to have maple neck, does someone know anything about this??? any info would help.
  2. The blue book says these are discontinued basses made for Warwick that did not meet Warwick's inspection. They are not highly rated nor are the values anywhere near the Dolphin prices.
  3. CS

Dec 11, 1999
    A mate of mine has owned one of these basses (a red one) since 89. I have used this bass a lot in the past due to reasons too boring to explain. I also own a Thumb Bolt On. I have also played a lot of Warwicks over the years.

The Dolphin I have played is as good as any Warwick I have played (or own). The satin maple neck is not typical but I really like it. The body-shape is butt ugly IMHO but balances better than the Thumb.

General opinion won't affect the bass (although any model has it's lemons) but it will affect the residual value. I would advise you to

1 try it before you buy and compare it to other Warwicks/basses

2 make sure that you get a good deal on it and that it is cheaper than what other Warwicks go for. Don't go for the 'rare' ploy.