1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Warwick Dolphin Pro 1 five string issues ...

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by gareth travis, Nov 16, 2018.

1. gareth travis

gareth travis

Aug 19, 2017
    Hi guys
    I am currently working on a 91 Warwick Dolphin Pro 5 string with original late 80's/early 90 Bartolini soapbars.
    The last person who worked on this bass made an electronic mess and it looks like things were changed from stock.
    I am HOPING someone out there owns one (unmolested) from the same period so i could get a few photos of the control cavity with the backplate off to compare some basic signal flow/parts ... Warwicks website doesnt have the Bartolini soapbar equipped version on their PDF schematics.

At the moment the bass work but when you pan the centre detent on pot one anywhere towards neck output the signal becomes weak and almost static ... fresh MEC output socket and 9v so thats not the issue ... I believe issue is between neck pickup and the age of the vol/pan pot and or the previous person's fiddling ;(

Any help would be appreciated ;)