Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warwick Dolphin Pro 1

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by echo008, Feb 21, 2006.

1. echo008

echo008 Supporting Member

Jan 30, 2004
    Long Island, NY
    Well, I was not expecting this, but I got a good deal on a trade in and with the Presidents day sale at Guitar Center I had to go for it ...
    I picked up a great Warwick Dolphin Pro 1!!! I love it, although it is one heavy sucka, the tone is what I would equate with Warwick...Smooth and Growly like Ive never heard before ... I cannot believe Warwicks Prices these days, I looked at there latest price list and these things RETAIL for $5199.00 !!!!
    Anyway I am very happy with this bass and just wated to share ....
    who else has or has had a Dolphin?
    - Tom

2. Lebowski

Lebowski

Jul 11, 2005
    No kidding, I think about a year ago a brand new Warwick thumb bolt on was about $1,300. I looked it up now and it shot up by about $400. Awesome bass though, as soon as I find one, I might just test it out!!!

3. Congratulations on the new Warwick!

I don't own one, but I played on one for a gig about 3 years ago. I remember that it sounded awsome, and sat well on the strap.

4. echo008

Jan 30, 2004
    Long Island, NY

They had a Thumb Bolt on tagged at around 1550.00.
    I was never really one to go for Warwicks before, this one had that something after playing it that made me "have" to get it.
    -Tom

5. echo008

Jan 30, 2004
    Long Island, NY
    Hey thanks man ... yea its heavy but sits very nice on a strap, I dont think its weight is going to be a problem.

6. bugbass

bugbass

Apr 8, 2004
    Norway
    I had a Dolphin Pro 4 string in the late eighties, sold it to get my Sadowsky. I miss it a lot, one of the absoulute best basses I ever played.
    Warwick had really good basses those days

7. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    I lvoe those Dolphins, very cool basses! I really love the tone and the look, they're pure class!

8. nobes

nobes

Feb 14, 2006
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    hey congrats.

did you happen to buy this at the Carl Place GC. I played it, loved it and almost bought that one even though I have no desire for a 5 string.

Awesome bass, congrats again.

9. Here's my '90 Dolphin. It's a keeper.

[​IMG]

Photo credit: Jon Shishido

Sorry for the sidescroll -->

10. Scott French

Scott French Dude Supporting Member

May 12, 2004
    Grass Valley, CA
    I had a 1992 boire one and this 1998 birdseye maple one:
    [​IMG]

I miss the 1992 one sometimes, manly because I don't have a bass of my own right now. :(

11. Mine is a '91 model... love it, will never part with it!!!

Here is a pic with my son a couple of years ago...

12. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Oddio, if that had black hardware I would have just fell from my seat.

13. BTW, I forgot to mention - Congrats Tom! The Dolphin is certainly one of the most versatile Warwick basses. Glad you're diggin' your new instrument!

14. echo008

Jan 30, 2004
    Long Island, NY
    Yes that is the one... they marked it way down for me, Im a good customer.

"oddio BTW, I forgot to mention - Congrats Tom! The Dolphin is certainly one of the most versatile Warwick basses. Glad you're diggin' your new instrument!"

Thanks man ... This Bass is a good fit with me, the string spacing seems just about perfect, and again the tone is seriously delicious .

- TOm

15. i want one, they are my favorite warwicks by far. congrats, what kind of deal did you get?

lowsound