SOLD Warwick Dolphin Pro I 5 Birdseye maple

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by lamarjones, Dec 18, 2016.

1. lamarjones

lamarjones Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    Price:
    Strings:
    Ok, this has some TB history, I'll let you read it here and feel free to ask me any questions about it. There are no legal issues at all with the bass as I went through the right procedures to document anything, and I believe MaddAnthony would back me up on that as we worked together to rid TB of a parasite.

Portland Oregon area Scam Artist Busted! Warwick Dolphin 5 String - FOUND!

Unfortunately the serial was filed off, it would be pretty tough to get that restamped. That said, there is plenty of documentation up here to document this bass, before and after. So that being said, the price at the last transaction and what UPS payed out was 2800, given the serial issue it's 2000 paypalled shipped.

Other than that, very rare birdseye dolphin that is setup and plays incredibly well. I'm a SSI guy so the spacing isn't working out for me. Action is very low and even, sound is super grind and Warwick all the way. Comes with the original case which still does it's job but is beat up a little.

wd1.jpg
    wd2.jpg
    wd3.jpg
    wd4.jpg
    wd5.jpg
    wd6.jpg
    wd8.jpg

Last edited: Dec 19, 2016
  2. DemBoneZ

DemBoneZ

Apr 17, 2013
    ahhhh its here!!! i want i want :O

Hoggles and sippi like this.
  3. Holy insane story. Glad this beauty is in good hands again. Good luck! Can't imagine it won't sell soon.

lamarjones likes this.
  4. rushphile

rushphile

Aug 12, 2003
    North Carolina
    Sweet bass.Might opt for it if I can get over the issues.Still reeling from the purple Celinder debacle.I'll let you know.Have a great Xmas,Leo.

5. itsalljustaride

itsalljustaride

Sep 23, 2009
    Nice. Glad it found its way back. These birdseye Dolphins are somewhat rare, yes?

6. lamarjones

Aug 27, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    I believe there were 5 of them from what I read?

Rushphile, did you contact me about that bass? Did you get left holding the bag?

7. rushphile

rushphile

Aug 12, 2003
    North Carolina
    Yes.Although the Austin cop said that all involved could be charged with selling stolen goods,I was the only one to lose...and lose big.

8. c0nsilience

c0nsilience

Aug 13, 2008
    Oklahoma
    co-founder, SynapticGroove
    Weren't these (5) birdseye's originally built for Stefan Lessard of DMB?

9. lamarjones

Aug 27, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    Not sure, but it would be nice to get 5 basses of a particular kind on a whim that it would be my favorite combo for life.

But for real, not sure?

c0nsilience likes this.
  10. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2004
    NE ND
    I had a Dolphin Pro 5 years ago. Fantastic - but heavy - bass. I had just been introduced to DMB music. Best B string I'd heard until my Roscoe. Still VERY close. Very cool and one of the few of my past basses (maybe 60+) that I think about.

11. c0nsilience

c0nsilience

Aug 13, 2008
    Oklahoma
    co-founder, SynapticGroove
    I've got an 1989 Dolphin Pro 1 and I'm not sure I'd part with it for anything! The Dolphin's are extremely unique and not quite comparable to anything else (including other 'wicks).

Great bass man!

12. Scott French

Scott French Dude

May 12, 2004
    Grass Valley, CA
    I had this same bass but with 4 strings many years ago, it was a '98. I also had a '92 Boire at the time that I was in love with so I never really bonded with the birdseye bass. It's beautiful anyway. Would love to have the Boire Dolphin bass back. :(

13. lamarjones

Aug 27, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    Scott, what is that picture on your profile going to be? Sick top!

14. Scott French

Scott French Dude

May 12, 2004
    Grass Valley, CA
    You do realize by admitting this you have doomed yourself to having me PM you every six months asking to buy until one of us dies, right?

c0nsilience likes this.
  15. Scott French

Scott French Dude

May 12, 2004
    Grass Valley, CA
    It's a hollow body I have been working on for something like a decade. Allllllmost done with it. This is actually the back. Top is claro burl/flame, back is claro flame. All four pieces cut from one big hunk of wood. Thanks for asking!

lamarjones and kkaarrll like this.
  16. foderaman

foderaman

Jun 14, 2005
    Highland.IL
    I had a very Early Dolphin 5 90 or 91 Boire and it had P2 shape Barts in it.Got from Ed at Dixie Music in Louisville new another bass I wish I still had !!