1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

warwick dolphin SN TCS

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dioodrops, Sep 10, 2008.

1. dioodrops

dioodrops

Jul 5, 2006
    hi everybody

I'm currently in a possible trade with a Warwick Dolphin Set Neck.
    Has anybody played this bass ?

What about its price , quality, sound , playabilité ????

thanks for your help because here in Europe it's nearly impossible to find someone who knows or has played this baby

many thanks again

vic

2. dioodrops

dioodrops

Jul 5, 2006
    nobody ???? heeelp

3. SurrenderMonkey

SurrenderMonkey

Aug 18, 2006
    Liverpool
    Trade against what? Dolphins are proper warwicks, they are quite expensive.

4. dioodrops

dioodrops

Jul 5, 2006
    against a fender PB 1978 olumpic white

5. SurrenderMonkey

SurrenderMonkey

Aug 18, 2006
    Liverpool
    I'd do it, but I know nothing of late 70's Fenders.

A SN TCS, if they still made them, would be in the region of 1600 euros. I can't say more than that as I never played one. Ask the warwick forums.

6. Roland777

Roland777

Jun 1, 2006
    Sweden
    I've played a neckthrough dolphin with J/MM-configuration. Best slaptone I've ever heard, plugged and unplugged. Felt very good too, but then again, my taste has changed since I last laid my hands on it. Make sure you play it standing up (if you plan to gig) before you get it!

7. humpy thumb

humpy thumb

Jul 23, 2005
    Sydney Australia
    Warwick bass forum moderator.
    There's 2 types of Dolphin SN TCS.Broad neck & non broad neck.As with all Warwick basses,they're well made & of good quality in every respect.They have a model for every taste.The Warwick forum off the .de website is a good resource.Drop by & we'll be happy to help you out.
    Good luck.

8. im with humpy thumb, all the warwicks are quality instruments, which shouldnt leave u disappointed at all.

9. little-ripper

little-ripper

Jan 21, 2008
    I tried the Dolphin SN just yesterday. wow. it is a great bass and great for the money. very good quality woods.

10. bastairdo

bastairdo

Jun 26, 2012
    I've been playing the Dolphin SN 5 for about ten years now. It's unequivocally the best purchase I've ever made when it comes to music. It is incredibly versatile, fun to play, and the sound never disappoints. I sold a Fender 5 string American Deluxe Jazz bass to get it, and though to this day I regret selling that bass I have never looked back at buying the Dolphin. The bass itself is a bit on the heavy side, which takes some getting used to. But aside from that I have absolutely no complaints. It's taken a decade of hard punishment from me and stood up to the test beautifully.