Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

WARWICK DOLPHIN

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bthump, Jun 27, 2005.

1. Bthump

Bthump

Feb 10, 2005
    WHAT DO GUYS THINK OF THE WARWICK DOLPHIN -1 PRO 5 STRING, AND DOES ANYNE HAVE ONE FOR SALE

2. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    WH4T DID JOO SAY

3. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    MONKEY PANTS!

4. BassManPatsFan

BassManPatsFan Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2004
    San Francisco
    LOUD NOISE LOUD NOISES!

DOLPHINS ARE SEXY LIKE PHATTTTTTTT

5. Broach_insound

Broach_insound

Jan 25, 2005
    New York
    MAYBEE YOU SHOULD SEE WHAT PEOPLE THINK OF THEM BEFORE YOU SEE IF ANYONE HAS ONE FOR SALE!!!!!!!!!!!!

WRONG FORUM!!!!!!!!!!!

6. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
  7. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF
    Not that I've played one, but I've heard a few, both recorded and live, and it's even my pick over the Streamer II model if I could get my hands on one.

8. Bthump

Bthump

Feb 10, 2005
    Now that i have been schooled on the internet policies, Do any one of you ever played a Dolphin Pro-1 BASS, and if you had one for sale how much would be asking? and why is this the wrong forum to ask questions. Please tell me Broach_insound,maybe i was looking for pricing and values not to buy one, should ask before SHOUTING

9. jammadave

jammadave Rudderless ship Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    I had one and loved it, all except its massive weight anyway... Bought brand new for some $2700 if I remember right, maybe a little less with the special "family" price from BC... Anyways, used you'll be looking at 1/2 to 2/3 of that for a fairly new (1-2 years old) example...

Hope this helps!
    Dave

10. Nikolai

Nikolai

Apr 20, 2004
    I have a Warwick Dolphin, but not pro, i have the SN version. with the same electronics as the pro but other woods and a set-neck construction. i love this bass, sounds amazing, and so damn easy-played.

11. Nik, hows it balance, you wouldn't happen to have a sound clip of it by chance?

12. Kael

Kael Supporting Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Oklahoma City

Is it a set neck or a bolt on? Just curious.

13. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    Theres a bolt on Dolphin on Ebay with a Buy it now of $1000..

14. I got a 1991 4-string Warwick Dolphin Pro I. It is a beautiful bass with the signature Warwick sound. Even though I don't use it as much as I used to. ( I'm into the bolt-on, Passive, Jazz sound now). You can check out how it sounds in the clips of my band's first cd here:

http://cdbaby.com/cd/ongo

and NO... it's not for sale!!!

15. Although it's only a 4-string I still love my '90 Dolphin Pro1. The balance is excellent and the weight isn't too bad at under 10lbs. Here's a pic of mine:

[​IMG]

16. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    Rulyongo - What amp are you using? That's a sweet tone you have there!

I'm craving a Warwick bad. Streamer Stg I or II or a Dolphin. Who's gonna sell me one? :p

17. Kael

Kael Supporting Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Oklahoma City
    I've always been kinda indifferent about the appearances of Dolphins but that one looks nice. Perhaps it is because it is an older one?

18. SN=set neck

19. I recorded that cd with a direct line from my Ampeg SVT Classic and a miked line from the cabinet ( SWR Goliath Sr.)... Thanks for listening!!!

I just started playing again the Dolphin because of this thread, what a nice bass!!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

20. The Hammer

The Hammer

Jul 13, 2004
    Nice write up in Bass Player by the way :)